My MR OPS arrived...

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Benkenove, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Benkenove

Benkenove Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I have just recieved my OPS helmet overseas directly to the Canary Islands :p ... the helmet is really really GREAT, I must admit... I really LOVE IT ...

The problem is that (like my seller told me could happen)... it arrived with NO COA and NO PLAQUE... just the helmet and the stand... I dont even know that serial # is the helmet ...

I´m a little worry about the "number" of it, let´s see if my seller can "tell me for sure" what number is, and let´s see how long MR will take to send it to me...:(.

P.S. I will make a full "photo session" tomorrow and I will post them here ;).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ben.

EDIT FOR ADDING HIGH RES. PICTURES, HUGE SIZES: beware:

http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/01.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/02.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/03.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/04.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/05.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/06.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/07.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/08.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/09.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/10.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/11.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/12.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/13.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/14.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/15.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/16.JPG
    http://benkenove.iespana.es/OPS/17.JPG

Let me know what do you all think ... There are some pics comparing the MR OPS with a GF Stormtrooper helmet... and also some pics of a GF armor with the MR OPS Helmet.

2. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Glad yours arrived safely... I'm assuming there are no defects.... That sucks that yours didn't come with a CoA or plaque, but you know what to do about that.... Mine is on delay for the exact same reasons, and I can't wait for it to arrive.... I can't wait to see pics :)

3. Benkenove

Here is Spain is all dark (night) at this moment, so pics would not be so good, so, it will be better to take them tomorrow, with natural light... ;).

But I will do tons of pics .

4. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Apparently MR "misplaced" the documents... when found, they're suppose to be shipped to retailers...

I'm waiting for mine, also.

As for the serial number, it's on one of the stickers on the box.

5. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

If you got it in its original shipping box, on the outside of the box, on the MR sticker that has the barcode on it, you should see it list what WAS suppose to be your plaque number....

like in this picture....

6. Benkenove

Yes, that is true... but I dont know why the seller sent me the box with that stiker cover with white black sticker, and with a pack-tape over it: :confused :confused

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In any case, I removed the pack tape, and I was able to see that my helmet is the #239... ;) nice number, not as nice as #1 but :).

I will try to take TONS of pics tomorrow.

I

7. NEKROFANATIC

NEKROFANATIC Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Canary Islands. Nice.

8. Benkenove

yep :D, the best place to live, but the worst place to be a SW replica collector :p

9. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Glad to hear your helmet is in good shape, although it's a drag that you have to wait for the plaque and paperwork. :unsure

I received my Spec Ops helmet last week, shipped to me in Tokyo by my dealer in the U.S. Plaque #221, not too far off from yours. Like you, I love my helmet, which is in perfect condition; no problem with the pull or finish. And, happily, my plaque and paperwork were included in the box, just as they were supposed to be. So there are some Clone Trooper helmets shipping without any problems. :)

Just curious: Does your shipping carton have a black stamp on the top box flap that says "INSPECTED" on it? Mine does... but the box in which my Star Corps helmet arrived a couple of weeks earlier does not.

Here's hoping you get everything from MR with as little trouble as possible.

10. Benkenove

Well, there was a round yellow sticker on the outside of the protection white cork that says: "QC PASSED"...

What I dont know is how a box can pass a QUALITY CONTROL Without the COA and the PLAQUE ???

Let´s see what MR can do for me, and how long do they take to send my stuff

11. temponaut

I found that round yellow "QC PASSED" sticker on the styrofoam packing shell inside the carton, too, for both my Star Corps and Spec Ops helmets. In fact, I've seen that same sticker on the inner packing shell of every item I've ever bought from MR.

But I had never seen the black "INSPECTED 3" stamp on the top flap of the outer shipping carton until I received my Spec Ops helmet. I went to check the cartons of several other things shipped in the past from MR (including the Star Corps bucket) and they do NOT have that black stamp on the outside. So I wondered if it is a sign of the "reinspection" process that MR began in the time between shipping my Star Corps and my Spec Ops a couple of weeks later.

Yeah, that's pretty irritating.

I suspect the yellow "QC PASSED" sticker on the outside of the styrofoam shell may indicate that MR has inspected and passed whatever is inside the shell. Alas, the COA and plaque are meant to be in a bag taped to the outside of the shell.

That said, several people posted complaints about wonky pulls and rippled finishes on their Clone Trooper lids... and no doubt those buckets had the yellow "QC PASSED" sticker on them, too. :(

12. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I would guess that it means QC was passed for what was inside the the styrofoam box, and that the plaque and CoA would be taped to the box later

13. Benkenove

HuGE Pics added ... Enjoy them .. and I´m open to hear you comments ...

14. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Quality control is checking for damge or imperfections in the helmet. It has nothing to do with plaques and COAs. That's like saying your car is a lemon because it doesn't have floor mats. As long as the helmet has no defects in either manufacturing or paint applications, it will pass QC.

-Fred

15. John Smallberries

John Smallberries New Member

Quite the Beauty.

16. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Looks nice, I'm not diggin the blue paint on that front "tooth" though

17. temponaut

Yeah, the blue paint bleeding onto the middle tooth is a shame. :(

The helmet looks pretty good with that GF armor, though. :)

18. shortimer52

shortimer52 Well-Known Member

Mine just came in like 5 mins ago and to my not so big suprise im mising the same stuff you are. But the sicker of the box said mine was 261. Guess ill be sending MR a e-mail.

19. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Ok, looks like the debate is over about the size, (which i'm sure it was anyways) this pic says it all:

[attachmentid=6386]

20. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

awesome pics. thanx for sharing.
    -Goldenrod

21. Benkenove

Yes, In my opinion, the size is more than PERFECT. Those who cannt wear the helmet.. well, sorry for you cause you should have a great big "melon", but the helmet is perfect ...

P.S. excuse me for the size and non-rotation of the pics, I´m at work and I was not able to reduce them, and rotate them correctly, in any case, you can get the HIGH res pics :p.

P.S.2. also excuse for the "armor attaching", I´m working on making a snap system, and my armor doesnt look like it used to..

I will take some bettere pics this weekend, with the CANARY lightning of February ;)

22. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

Excellent helmet Ben.... That thing is huge compared to what I expected it to be.

Dave :)

23. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

It is quite large. :)

Thanks for that comparison. :)

24. Benkenove

You´re welcome :D... I´m glad you all like it...

BTW Gytheran, I like your avantar, looks familiar :p :p

25. MRCUSTOMERCARE

MRCUSTOMERCARE Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone.

I wanted to give you the heads up on an email that is going out to our Authorized Retailers regarding the Special Ops Helmet:

Dear Authorized Retailers and Distributor Partners,

Last week, we shared with you our concern that some of the Special Ops Helmets may have shipped from the factory without the certificate of authenticity and plaque. We appreciate your responsiveness and diligence in checking each of your shipments for these items.

Based on the information you provided, along with the inspections conducted at our warehouse, we have confirmed that a number of Special Ops Helmets are indeed missing their plaques and certificate of authenticity.

In light of this finding we regret that we are unable to provide individually numbered plaques for the Special Ops Helmets. Master Replicas CANNOT reprint the missing numbered plaques, as it would compromise the integrity of this limited edition item. Additionally, we believe that the investment value of our products is of utmost importance and must be protected.

In place of individually numbered plaques, we will issue a total edition size plaque that will show the total edition size of 750. The plaque will also feature the Authorized Retailer logo to distinguish it as an Authorized Retailer exclusive. This will ensure that each Special Ops Helmet has a collectible plaque, without compromising the value of the item. We will provide you with these replacement plaques as soon as they are available so that you can distribute them to your customers. We anticipate that these plaques will be ready in approximately two months, but we are working on expediting this process to make them available to you sooner.

We understand that this resolution represents a significant departure from our normal Limited Edition products. However, based upon the options that are available to us, we believe that this is the only way to still deliver a quality product to your customers, while protecting the value of this highly sought after item.

In order for us to better understand this issue, we request that you contact wholesalecs@masterreplicas.com and record your plaque number with us. Additionally, Master Replicas will be inserting the total edition size plaque into all Special Ops Helmets in inventory and all future shipments. We will suspend shipments until they can be inspected and replacement plaques have been inserted.

In light of the Special Ops Helmet being oversold, we want to ensure that you and your customer are satisfied with the product. If you would prefer to cancel your order, please contact your Sales Rep. If you have already received a Special Ops Helmet and would like to return it for a refund, Master Replicas will be delighted to arrange this for you. Please contact wholesalecs@masterreplicas.com to receive a Refund Authorization number. If you have any additional questions, please contact your Sales Rep.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Master Replicas is committed to providing the best possible customer service.

Master Replicas

Before all the pitchforks start coming out ;) I would like to take a minute to explain why we had to do this.

As most of you know, some of these helmets went out without plaques. The problem is that we cannot remake the plaques because these plaques were already printed once. If we remake plaques, we risk duplicating serial numbers which we cannot do.

The only way for us to still let people have this product was to do it this way. If we didn't we would have had to scrap the whole product, recall all helmets that were already out there and not let anyone else have one.

This was a huge mistake on our part. We know it. Believe me, it is just as hard on us as it is for our customers. We are very, very sorry but this was the only solution. Of course, if you do not want the product because of this you can send it back to your retailer for a refund. Since this was a retailer exclusive you will need to go through them for the refund

26. Star Wars Man

Star Wars Man Well-Known Member

crazy, i always loved that helmet, the star corps one witht hte yellow i didnt like and the white one is bland, but it doesnt look right on stormtrooper armor...idk....

27. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Well then, where did all 750 plaques go????? They have to be somewhere, no??

28. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

MRCUSTOMERCARE - Is it possible to give a rundown by helmet what's going on? It seems like there are a ton of different topics none of which have complete answers. I see the Spec Ops and Vader being addressed but not the Shock, etc.

Also, why would MR send out info to it's retailers, but not individuals who preordered?

Any help would be appreciated.

29. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Say what?

Oversold? Are you saying there are MORE than 750 of the spec Ops helmets out there? By how many?

30. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Because they don't have that information, perhaps?

31. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I would assume that the dealers took on more orders than could be filled

32. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Yup, #76. :)

Too bad I will have to go to 3rd party sources to get a plaque that matches the rest of my MR collection. Sounds like this is a CE edition... how about knocking off a couple hundred dollars to offset not having the documentation proving this is a numbered LE?? I was happy when I realized I had #76... now I have an un-numbered LE.

Yes, I know... if I'm unhappy, I can send it back and get a refund. Sorry, that attitude is also unacceptable. I purchased a certain product. I want THAT certain product. :angry

33. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Hell, as long as you can get a third party to make an exact replica of the plaque to match the others with the correct number on it, it would work for me.... If you find someone that can do it, please let me know

34. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

If I find one, I'll let you know.

35. lonerthx

lonerthx Well-Known Member

I'd be interested too, mine's mising the items and the box sticker says it's # 12

I can't understand why MR can't reprint the plaques for those that have packaging with stickers stating the plaque number (with a bar code too) of the helmet.

Also given the current situation how does this edition have any integrity to compromise :unsure

36. Benkenove

This is really INSANE ...

MR has NO IDEA ...

What are you trying to tell me ??? you open the preorder MANY MONTHS AGO .. I made my preorder, payed for a LIMITED EDITION HELMET... after many many many many delays, you finally release the helmet... Then my dealer send me the helmet but after 1 day tell me that MR contacted him asking to check for the plaque...

OPS, I´m so stupid I forgot to put some plaques in the boxes ???

What are you trying to tell me ??? You cannot reprint them ???

But my question is... WHERE THE HECK ARE THE PLAQUES THAT WERE NOT INCLUDED IN THE BOXES ???

If you really printed all, you MUST have them there, search for them, and you will see that I´m not lying, I have the helmet, I have the Stand, I have NOT the plaque, and I have NOT the COA...

I payed for ALL, and I dont want a refund, I simply want what I payed for, My helmet´s box says that my helmet is #239, and I want a plaque that say THAT. I dont need to find a external source to make it and pay for it... It´s your problem, not mine ???

What should I pay for your errors ...

This is really insane... If you are not so "big" and "smart" enough to deal all this project at the same time, MAN DONT DO IT, do just what you can afford to do well ...

I really dont know what to think, I´m very very ashamed on MR...

So there will be a lot of people with the Correct plaques, and I will have a generic plaque ??? I payed the same ... You need to solve your problems ... Not I...

37. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

I agree.........this is a cop out on MR's part... That is one of the most lame ideas they will ever come up with. It would be different if they offered you a completely new OPs helmet with plaque as a replacement............but a generic plaque...........that's like sending you a bandaid for an amputated arm.

I see a disturbing trend with MR that I saw with another Prop Maker not all that long ago.................they are no longer in business.

Sad really.

Dave :(

38. Benkenove

Master Replicas MUST change its name and call it APPRENTICE REPLICAS ...

39. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

This is a major disappointment for MR customers who appear to have been let down in many aspects.

To start off theyÂ’re late, but we can forget that as many people will be concerned at the (lack of) finish on some of these helmets. HereÂ’s mine, not exactly a mirror finish is it?

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/MRspecops01.JPG[/image]

and a close up showing the variance in the clear-coat finish

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/MRSpec0os04.jpg[/image]

However my main concern is having bought a numbered Limited Edition helmet in good faith, IÂ’m now told that IÂ’m just going to get a plaque with 750 on it. Great.

Bottom line MR is you could do something about this if you wanted to but clearly its easier and cheaper to say “sorry”. Great

Here’s my plaque number, it should be #75. You KNOW that people could sent these parts of boxes in to prove their number but like I said, its cheaper to say “sorry”.

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/mr%20Specops%20label.JPG[/image]

You could compensate customers you have let down, especially as you say its only ”some” of them. How about the offer to purchase an “Artist Proof” of one of your forthcoming helmets? I suppose it comes down to whether Master Replicas are serious about customer service or just “talking the talk”

Cheers

Jez

40. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

I already kind of said this in another thread, and I'm sure I am stupid, disillusioned, and incredibly naive but.... A few years ago MR was just a thing I kind of heard about, and I knew of them for making some really expensive SW props and a cool Anakin saber that was about as close to a "real lightsaber" as we were going to get. I always just kind of assumed part of the reason people paid a premium on their stuff was because it was a small company and most of their product was made in the states. A little later I remembered reading a thread on a forum where there were some upset people comparing their (I think Dooku) sabers that were made in China to those made in the U.S. or something.

I know these are very vague first impressions and recollections on my part, but am I in the least bit correct on the MR of the past? This might be a little off-topic here, but I was just wondering. Not going to bother me much if I'm wrong, wrong, wrong.

Also, isn't it much cheaper for MR to make a bunch of generic plaques rather than make ones with the individual #'s again? I'm full of inane questions this morning.

(Hehe, think I was writing the same time as you Jez....)

41. Jediwannabe

Jediwannabe Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I agree with Jez. MR is taking the cheap way out. I know what number I have. It is written on the box. I'd be happy to mail the box bar code back with proof of purchase for my #189 plaque. This is a major disappointment.

What Master Replicas is not actually saying but implying by their actions is:

Take it or leave it. Let's not focus on the fact that we didn't deliver what we sold you.

What's that about? I'd say it's this is unacceptable.

And what about the paint defects? I have ripples in my paint job. That is not acceptable. Since I received the helmet, I have left two messages for Amy and sent one email to customer service and still no reply.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

42. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Jediwannabe, whatever you do, don't send customer care an email, you'll never hear from them. Instead, just get them on the phone and get the name of the person you speak to. This is just from personal experience.

If they're tooling up for generic plaques, how hard can it be to add a line that says #xxx? If you send an SASE containing the barcode from the box and a copy of the receipt, there is no way they shouldn't be able to send everyone the correct plaque and COA.

As much as I enjoy some of their products, customer care doesn't seem to be a priority with them anymore.

-Fred

43. grimlock2d

grimlock2d Well-Known Member

I'd keep an eye out on E-Bay in 4-7 months. See if a ton of spec ops helmets from Malaysia mysteriously start appearing on there...I can't really see how the packing plant misses so many of these plaques unless entire shifts or something forgot to put them in.

So far everyone here seems to have lower numbers does anyone have mid to high numbers marked on thier boxes? I'd guess if it's every number after a certain point that they simply made an error and stopped putting them in. If it's a spotty every few numbers thing I'd guess someone was snagging them for use on bootlegs or something..

Just conjecture on my part.

44. SHalamar

SHalamar Well-Known Member

This was a post that was over at Rebelscum by MRSWBryan. The SBU at Master Replicas.

45. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

Saying "Sorry" doesnt help anyone.

Most problems (including this one) can be solved by throwing a bit of money at them. MR need to reproduce all the plaques again in a new style making the old ones redundant.

It'll cost a few bucks but customers will be happy. Its not brain surgery.

Cheers

Jez

46. SHalamar

SHalamar Well-Known Member

How does one ensure people get the right numbers? How do they avoid duplicates?

47. Benkenove

Well, that is simple...

They must assign NEW numbers to the ones that has been sent... they have a list of every helmet sent, and who bought it... sijmlpy re-number then and problems solved...

I dont care If they give me another number... mine is 239, but is not a problem for me getting the 250, or 260, or 270, I DONT CARE, I just want my LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED ... becaus that is what we paid for...

And the resto of the helmets are stopped at theirs office, so they can assign the numbers easily...

Now MR say: "Ohhh, It´s not my fault... it´s not my fault..." What the hell ...

If MR need a QC department to control everything is perfect before send the replicas... why dont they simply create it in the USA...??in their own facilites ???

Guys, there is a "proverb" in my countrys that fits PERFECT to MR...

"EXCUSES ARE LIKE *... EVERYBODY HAS ONE..."

Well done APPRENTICE REPLICAS ... , well done...

48. Megatron

Megatron Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

you will get a number #750 total

but if you don't like it just send the helmet back
    end of story.

49. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

BingoBongo is lucky. He's got #75. So when MR sends their stupid generic plaques all he has to do is scratch out the "0" and bam. Problem solved. :p

Ok, not funny.... sorry.

50. Benkenove

That is your point of view (Megatron)...

My point of vies is that I want the helmet I paid for, but is incomplete... Maybe for you a stupid, but not for me. There was supposed to be a numbered plaque, and it wont be, because their lack of professionality...

Dont tell me more excuses please, just good solutions... (not the easy way, "generic plaque, and go to bed boy..."

EDIT: spelling