my Ghostbusters props

I didn't think I was going to make a video on this topic, but needed to run down the battery, so went ahead and shot a quick recap.

Alex

I just picked up this Pyrex beaker from eBay to make an 'Exhibit F' prop slime jar from the courtroom scene of GB2.

Pyrex Beaker.jpg

Any suggestions for the correct lid to use? I'm told that the 150mm Pyrex Petri dish covers aren't quite large enough and would require a small notch to accommodate the beaker's pour spout.

10553_4.jpg

Alex

Last edited:
Thanks to a timely tip on Facebook from Steven T. Lawrence, I now own a 'trade show display' Terror Dog bust by Chronicle Collectibles. I never thought I'd have this piece, let alone at such a low price (and part of that goes to charity, so I got that going for me, which is nice).

DSC00060.JPG

But those savings came with some drawbacks. For one thing, the electronics are not present in these display versions.

DSC00119.JPG

The eyes still have wires, though, so I am wanting to power it and see if the bulbs still work.

DSC00120.JPG

Anyone know a good source of pre-wired female sockets for this type of plug?

Alex

It dawned on me that finding the female plug might be an overcomplication.

I actually got it to work with items already on hand for other projects.

At least it worked well enough to test whether the bulbs were okay.

DSC00122.JPG

Alex

Last edited:
UPDATE: It was pointed out to me today by Chris McAnall that the remaining two trade display Terror Dog trophy auctions now state that only one set of horns are included, so it looks like I was very lucky to get the last one with both horn sets.

DSC00060.JPG DSC00061.JPG

I already had the Karnivorous Creations closed-mouth version, which only came with Keymaster horns, so the Gatekeeper horns were one of the main reasons I wanted this piece.

DSC00064.JPG

I've also tested the power button at the bottom of the trophy mount plaque. Its wires had been cut, but I stripped the tips and put them in the loop, and that worked too.

Next step will be to incorporate the remote control function as well-- fingers crossed that I've ordered the right thing!

DSC00146.JPG

And then hopefully I can find the same brand of wall mount they used.

Terror Dog mounting instructions 2b.jpg

Terror Dog mounting instructions 1.jpg Terror Dog mounting instructions 2.jpg

Any ideas on that?

Alex

Last edited:
terror dog plaque pic.jpg

Here's a simple STL file of the plaque shape.

But it would take a huge printer to print. :unsure:

Attachments

• terror dog plaque final 2.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 115
That's a neat file. Did you draw the stl yourself or find it online?

Both versions of the bust have plaques attached to the head, it's one continuous piece of fiberglas in both cases.

It's the metal mounting bracket that I need.

Ideally, two sets. One so I've got the wall-attached half for this one (the charity auction specified it would not be included) and the second set so I can mount the closed-mouth head the same way.

I sent an email to Chronicle, hoping they can point me in the right direction to their supplier. EDIT: I wouldn't bet money on it. The company seems to be suddenly defunct! No wonder they were selling a bunch of stuff on eBay.

Alex

Last edited:
That's a neat file. Did you draw the stl yourself or find it online?

Both versions of the bust have plaques attached to the head, it's one continuous piece of fiberglas in both cases.

It's the metal mounting bracket that I need.

Ideally, two sets. One so I've got the wall-attached half for this one (the charity auction specified it would not be included) and the second set so I can mount the closed-mouth head the same way.

I sent an email to Chronicle, hoping they can point me in the right direction to their supplier.

Alex

oops. When you said wall-mount, I thought you meant the whole thing. Yes, "bracket" is more clear. :p

The bracket screws into the wall, and then the trophy plaque hangs on the bracket. Got it.

I got the original remote to control the eyes again.

I also have some leads on similar hanging systems, like French cleats and the Z hanger system by Hangman.

Trying to find some with the holes spaced the correct distance apart before I make purchase.

Alex

UPDATE: Happy to report that this strap's new owner in Ireland just messaged me on social media to show pics of it attached to his Quasar that he's owned for a couple of years, so it's safely arrived. Yay!

Alex

Last edited:
I'm told these are the correct model of headsets used by the 'busters in GB2 when they're jack-hammering into the air shaft.

DSC00081.JPGDSC00083.JPG

If so, they'll go nicely with my collection of hard hats from that scene.

Alex

Last edited:
For my ever-growing Ghostbusters hardhat collection, I bought another authentic Con Ed from eBay. It's the one the right.

DSC00324.JPG

Notice that there are two different molds here. The new one has the slots on the sides, the other does not. (I think the movie costume had slots.)

DSC00323.JPG

Here they are compared with one of the replicas I'd previously made using a modern blue hardhat. Note the three distinct colors.

DSC00320.JPG

I'd sourced an older harness for the replica. The new hardhat on the right has a similar one.

DSC00321.JPG

So I swapped out the harnesses from the replica and the first authentic one (middle) so both authentic ones have the same style harness.

DSC00322.JPG

Alex

One of the harder-to-source pieces for the Ghost Trap has begun showing up on a couple of websites for a great price.

We're not sure if they're old stock or if Linrose has begun manufacturing them again.

I had some difficulty ordering from one of the sites, but another collector kindly helped me out.

I detailed that at the beginning of this video, then the rest is about repairing a modern collectible item.

Alex

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back