My First Rocketeer Helmet!

slimesquare

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So this is my first attempt at a Rocketeer helmet. This helmet was picked up at the HMS prop sale, and it's a very quality cast done by HMS. It had very little clean up work that needed to be done after some solid areas were cleaned out.

so heres the beginning
photo1.jpg

and heres after the first clean up
photo2.jpg

This was after I installed the head fin and primed the whole helmet
photo3.jpg

And finally after some rub n' buff and some debating if I did too much weathering
photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

this is what I have so far....I've put in an order for the helmet liner and I'll have lenses made tomorrow so I can install them. I have more pictures from different angles that I will try and post later.

Thanks guys

Looks great!!

I really need to do some research into the best helmets out there. I think in the future when I can get some money together I will purchase a Rocketeer helmet, they look very classy!!

Cheers,

Andy

While the weathering looks a little bit much, it looks great. You did a bang-up job, that helmet is going to be a masterpiece. :)

ok so day two consisted of making the lenses

IMG_0337.jpg

I cut some lexan and heated it so it was soft so it would bend nicely and then they were installed

IMG_0340.jpg

overall i'm very happy with what I have from start to finish. It has a great look to it and I can't wait to get the helmet liner to give it that little bit extra. I'd like the thank HMS for the awesomely clean casting, like I said very little clean up which made this helmet very easy to do

theres are some extras I took

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

and of course being proud
IMG_0343.jpg

thanks guys

I think you did a great job slimesquare! Weathering is perfect where you got it -don't touch it.

My Rocketeer helmet should be complete in a few months. I've very excited -you have a great helmet! Very classy.

Looks great!!

I really need to do some research into the best helmets out there. I think in the future when I can get some money together I will purchase a Rocketeer helmet, they look very classy!!

If you can the HMS helmet was fantastic to work with

While the weathering looks a little bit much, it looks great. You did a bang-up job, that helmet is going to be a masterpiece. :)

Thanks....the weathering actually came out better than I thought it was going to, though it maybe be a bit much I think it adds that little bit of extra character to it. When I look at vintage style items I perfer them to have some weathering to them. And i'm glad I convinced you that you needed one haha.

Really, nice job. And for my money, there is no such thing as too much weathering on a Rocketeer helmet. The patina just adds layers of character.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back