My first Predator Costume

Saw these pics on Insta. Great progress!
Thanks so much wreav! Love keeping ip on your builds, they are incredible. Also, I had a question for you. Im using RD-407 latex for hand casting, and I was wondering if you have ever used their latex softener. Supposedly softens the katex to a more flesh like consistency when mixed in. I found my first hands to be a bit stiff. Thanks again!!

It finally dawned on me today what is going wrong on my P1 bio sculpt. In profile, the forehead/brow is a full inch back from the snout part. Had to reference other P1 bios, as I had a tough time finding the right screenshot to illustrate it. Always knew there was something off, bit couldnt quite place it lol. Thank god I caught that!! ;)

It finally dawned on me today what is going wrong on my P1 bio sculpt. In profile, the forehead/brow is a full inch back from the snout part. Had to reference other P1 bios, as I had a tough time finding the right screenshot to illustrate it. Always knew there was something off, bit couldnt quite place it lol. Thank god I caught that!! ;)
It always helps to make a pictures of every side and take a little rest. Then watch your pictures and your eyes will tell you about all problems and unsymmetrical parts. It always works good.(y)

Got myself a present. Thanks for the advice, Jmen. Also, gonna experiment with an alginate molded monsterclay cast of my hand tonight. Will report back if its a win or a fail. Plan is to cast my hand, dip in monsterclay to increase the size, then sculpt from there. So the latex hand cast kater this week will essentially fit my own hands shape, more or less. Crossing my fingers.

IMG_4805.JPG

Got myself a present. Thanks for the advice, Jmen. Also, gonna experiment with an alginate molded monsterclay cast of my hand tonight. Will report back if its a win or a fail. Plan is to cast my hand, dip in monsterclay to increase the size, then sculpt from there. So the latex hand cast kater this week will essentially fit my own hands shape, more or less. Crossing my fingers.

View attachment 264555
99cy6o.jpg

More enlargening of the the bio. Think im gonna stick with it until its done. Gonna smooth it soon after some more alterations and refinement, alternating with a heat gun and with mineral spirits.

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

:eek:damn... he was in good condotion, wtf happend? he was too small? :(
I just wanted to adjust a few things, brought the forehead forward, snout back a little, changed angle and depth of jaw, then coated twice with liquid monster clay to make it about 1/4 inch larger. Cant leave well enough alone ;) so, just more refining again and adding more details. Will have new pics up tomorrow or the next day of the clean up. You can always do things better lol. The sculpt is never finished.

So, I think I found out why my bio is constantly changing. Im looking at multiple DIFFERENT reference shots. Dumb move on my part. A lot of replica sculpts are slightly different, and the movie stills leave a lot to be desired in terms of lighting, etc. so I have found a video of painting a replica, and it looks as accurate as the film IMO. So I have done multiple screenshots of that one, and that is going to be my only reference. I thought the movie stills would be enough, but there are way too many confusing aspects to those, lighting, extraneous shadows and some other things. Hopefully done this weekend.

Good work! It's certainly looking more accurate in shape!
Thanks!! Im getting close to thinking that maybe I am getting as close as I will get with my skills right now. I keep seeing things that could have been done better initially, however it would take a massive overhaul again to truly capture what I am looking to do. Here are sone of the pics I was trying to use as reference. Im close, but unsure if I can do it. I swear my eyes deceive me while sculpting from 2D pics.

IMG_4882.PNG

IMG_4883.PNG

IMG_4884.PNG

IMG_4885.PNG

IMG_4886.jpg

I am getting a bit tired of the sculpt, may need to take a break and do some other stuff then come back to it. I still have my hands to re-work. Got all my supplies this week to do em up proper.

Also, if folks are seeing where it is off, please let me know, because I have spent so much time that I am no longer seeing the differences accurately :(

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back