My first Predator Costume

Dillonusob

So I managed to snag a decent bio finally, and it led me down the rabbit hole of costume fabrication. Most of the techniques I used were brand new to me, and sourced from home depot, walmart, amazon ebay etc. learned to use sintra, and started learning the airbrush. Also used caulking as an alternative to theatrical silicone. Anyhow, here are some pics. A long way to go, but just about halfway there. My lift boots bring my Pred up to about 7 feet, from top back of bio to floor. Very fun learning experience. Also, props to Vinmac? For some of his templates. (Shoulder guard from avp)

IMG_4305.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

IMG_4301.JPG

Last edited:
Also, a question for folks. What did you end up doing for the pred neck rings? I had a build with silicone tubing which failed, and I am planning on sculpting a monster clay flat neck ring peice then casting in black silicone. Anyone use any easier/cheaper or simpler solutions? This is one of those parts of the puzzle that I found to be a pain. More than the other things so far anyway haha. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Sorry, just read the community rules, and although relevant, my pic was "overtly sexual in nature" my bad. Anyway, it was a lady in a net body stocking that i am going to put on my pred. Stretchy, so it should work ok.

Also, in different news, just recieved my first batch of monster clay, and oh my god is it amazing. Whoever created this stuff deserves an award. Amazing to work with, and holds shape without drying like a champ. This newb is super excited about this stuff. Will come in super handy for future molds.

For the new folks like me, this was silicone tubing glued to a flat surface, arranged in a slight semicircle. Then molded with silicone, painted with vaseline as release agent, then pigmented silicone for the cast. I ended up casting because the tubing would not stay glued no mayter what I used

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back