Caleb656

This a costume thread about Spider-Man

This is my first Spider-Man cosplay and my first cosplay. I am making this 100% from scratch from sewing to puffy painting to lenses to soles. The fabric I got for this suit
is an ity stretch jersey from fabric wholesale direct.com for about 4.99 a yard. I got red and blue this is what it looks like.
image.jpg

And the blue
image.jpg

It’s actually a really nice fabric to use the only complaint I have is that it’s pretty hot but other than that it’s a really nice fabric for the price. I plan on buying some miliskin spandex for my next suit but it was sold out so that’s why I didn’t get it. I’ve already sewed the whole suit this is what it looks like
AC22291D-95CC-4313-AEE0-FCB8251C6752.jpeg

I’m actually really happy with it considering it is my very first cosplay, and I sewed it in a little under 2 weeks. The lenses are made from 2 liter soda bottles. I just cut the top domed part off then I put some window repair mesh painted white in between 2 pieces of soda bottle plastic. I then cut out a lense shape out of black Eva foam and hot glued the hole thing together. I then made 2 of those. This is what it looks like
image.jpg

I’m also very happy with these considering these are the first real Spider-Man lenses I’ve made. I’ve also started puffy painting the suit with a honeycomb pattern on the red and brick pattern on the blue this is what it looks like
EEA58B17-CB99-440D-9EC3-991170F4192C.jpeg

The way that I puffy painted it was I put a piece of cardboard bigger than the suit inside the suit then I used some clips to stretch it out even more. The design I’m going for is a little bit like the tasm 1 suit but also with my own creative touch. I’ve nearly ran out of blue and red puffy paint so I can’t keep painting for a few days. But that’s fine. I’ve also done some work on the back spider this is what it looks like
EF4F71D8-88EE-4C40-A309-6E93ADF1D934.jpeg

The back spider is made from the same Eva foam I used for the lenses just white so I had to paint it red. For the zippers I added a back zipper, a U zipper, a mask zipper, and 2 forearm zippers for a total of 6 zippers. This is what they look like
8529492A-147B-4CA6-AF44-F328B78A095F.jpeg

08884B5B-830B-474B-ADD5-05D6166119A8.jpeg

image.jpg

For the soles I bought some slippers. I ripped the soles off the bottom and glued them to the bottom of the suit using liquid nails and hot glue. The hot glue didn’t work that well and the liquid nails takes a long time to dry so next time I’ll just use e600. But here’s what the soles look like on the suit.
1EFC46C3-33FA-45FF-ACD2-085D6F9E64E5.jpeg

That’s where I’m at on the suit. I plan on making web shooters but I might not I’m not sure yet. I also need to finish puffy painting but again I ran out of paint so I’ll have to wait a few days to get some more. I’ll update some more when I get more done with the suit. But anyways thanks for looking at my thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
Came out well. My only advice would be, if you sew another one, use a zig-zag stitch if your machine has it. It will allow the seams to stretch for the fabric. Also if you match the thread to the fabric colorwise, it helps. Amazing first effort.

Came out well. My only advice would be, if you sew another one, use a zig-zag stitch if your machine has it. It will allow the seams to stretch for the fabric. Also if you match the thread to the fabric colorwise, it helps. Amazing first effort.
Thanks and I did use a zigzag stitch for everything except the zippers. Also for the thread I started matching the color to the fabric towards the end.

Well done mate, I'm currently just starting one myself, how did you make the pattern? I'm thinking about covering myself in cooking foil and then masking tape, mark out the webs and sections etc and then transfer it to fabric.

For t
Well done mate, I'm currently just starting one myself, how did you make the pattern? I'm thinking about covering myself in cooking foil and then masking tape, mark out the webs and sections etc and then transfer it to fabric.
For the pattern I just got a shirt that fit good and took it in a little bit to get that tight fit. For the pants I just traced some jeans then sewed it tighter on the spots that needed it. And for the webs I measured out the center line then just eyeballed the rest. Hope this helps

For t

For the pattern I just got a shirt that fit good and took it in a little bit to get that tight fit. For the pants I just traced some jeans then sewed it tighter on the spots that needed it. And for the webs I measured out the center line then just eyeballed the rest. Hope this helps
Brilliant, thanks for the tips, should save me a bit of time.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back