My Completed Sonic Screwdriver Remote Control Conversion

The current Sonic Remote,s white handle is now being shipped with the handle glued down the inside groves , making it more difficult to remove , but not impossible sharp bladed knife and a thin bladed screw driver does the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Again it's glued on, if you orient the Sonic with the stitching and go down the white handle to the base that's one tab connector and exactly opposite on the other side is the other tab , sometimes the glue is spread around the connector, use a solid fine bladed knife and ease it into the join between the copper base and the handle a rocking twisting back and forth should break the glue seal and you should then be able to remove the base.

Again it's glued on, if you orient the Sonic with the stitching and go down the white handle to the base that's one tab connector and exactly opposite on the other side is the other tab , sometimes the glue is spread around the connector, use a solid fine bladed knife and ease it into the join between the copper base and the handle a rocking twisting back and forth should break the glue seal and you should then be able to remove the base.

Thanks! It worked perfectly. :)

My pleasure, I shall be posting some shots of my completed 11th sonic conversion here soon, with a detailed set of construction notes , I'm fairly happy with the results , there were a few challenges and improvements made to get closer to Nick's excellent prop, the limitations are really due to The Wand Company's production of remote sonic , but most can be improved , I've also been challenged to make an all metal replica in pewter then copper plate the parts needed, which is next on the cards
Oh and a big thanks to Kursosawa and anakin for taking the time out to detail their conversions here ,saved me re-inventing the wheel!! many thanks

Last edited:
Here are a couple of photos
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375980273.940418.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375980308.400436.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375980347.070235.jpg

And a photo of my emitter ' core'

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375980449.356720.jpg

I am curious about this too Kursosawa, I as the people previous to me have stated want to buy one. How much would you offer? What would we get if we bought it? Would it come with other emitter tips such as red and torch capabilities? Would we have to do some of it our selves? Could we decide how far the Sonic extended? (I would prefer it to only extend a bit compared to what I saw in the video) I am not so good at the whole craftiness stuff but would love one of these. At the very least, would you be willing to help me with my own conversion?

I really like your sonic screwdriver! It looks great! But I have a few questions:

Is the black part of the handle made out of leather? Does it still function as a Universal Remote? Do you ship to other countries?

Wow!!!! I could not be more thrilled! Mine arrived in the post today and it is a beauty! Kursosawa has perfected this mod. I was lucky enough to get the marbled core in mine. The Wand Company's remote is pretty cool, but the work and craftsmanship put into this mod elevates it just...beyond. A metal 11th Doctor's sonic that flicks accurately, looks accurate, and makes the effects and noises we love... And now I have one. This has been a "grail" item of mine for years. If you are on the fence, please have your concerns alleviated. Kursosawa is a pleasure to work with; extremely communicative and helpful. I absolutely recommend this to anyone thinking about going this route. Gene, thank you again!

Last edited:
well i decided to do this myself anyway, but i still have 2 questions? how do you take the bottom part of the sonic apart and what parts need to be cut on the top half? i bought everything i need to do it including a 3 hour trek to find the right size nuts and screws, i might also buy a few different emitters

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back