My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4

OK given the size of this thing, I think at this stage, silicone might be out of the question. At approx $70/KG, I would need somewhere between 25KG and 50KG to make this mold :lol
For smaller molds, sure, just not this one at this time.
unless 10 people are prepared to pre-buy a bag

So I came up with a plan B.

attachment.php

Tube Bag is a tube, so if I was to line a thick (15~20mm) rubber mat in a half tube inside a sealed box, it should still do the same job. The vent hole could be off set so should the rubber mat be pulled down, it won't block the hole.

The idea to line this mold with a 2nd rubber mat would still apply.

I'd still need clamps at the top but could now just clamp to the lip with a single frame rather having a pair of frames holding the plastic. Small molds probably won't even need a frame and they could be made from silicone and the suction would just hole the plastic.

I'd still need a seal on the top as well.

Attachments

• Reverse Vacuum Form Mold 2.jpg
    Reverse Vacuum Form Mold 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 893
I went to the local rubber shop today and found a few things of interest for this project.

1st image is this recycled rubber sheet. This is 500 x 500 x 15mm and only cost $12.00. If I made the form slightly over sized, I could shim it with insertion rubber.

attachment.php

2nd image is insertion rubber. This comes in varying thicknesses and where this is 6mm. I basically need rubber the same thickness as the plastic I am going to form to make the body fit inside the lids. So maybe I need the 3mm rubber for the main body.

attachment.php

3rd image is this piece that might be useful for the handle recess.

attachment.php

It is too long and need cutting down, but has a great side profile and could be placed into the form for lids and removed when not required. I'll probably have to reinforce it as some point as the last thing I want is it crushing under vacuum.

Attachments

• 20150329_132722.jpg
    20150329_132722.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 879
  • 20150329_132729.jpg
    20150329_132729.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 876
  • 20150329_132804.jpg
    20150329_132804.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 877
I love the carbon fiber wrap! very cool and adds nicely to the futuristic feel. Are there any updated on this thing, it looks so cool!

I love the carbon fiber wrap! very cool and adds nicely to the futuristic feel. Are there any updated on this thing, it looks so cool!
Thanks. It does look nice but scratched so easy.
The new vacuum form is almost operating so I should be able to get the female tools made up soon.

cavx What Handles Did You Use?, Because I Don't Know If You Can Get Them In The UK Or Could U Send Me Some And I'll Pay You In PayPal For Them

cavx What Is The Black Material And How Did You Make/Find The NIKE Footwear Logo And Letters?

Copied and pasted from this thread:

I used a proper NIKE/SWOOSH logo I found on the net (after removing the Registered logos) and then imported that into Paint. I then used Verdana at font in bold at size 500 to type the word FOOTWEAR. I then compressed the word to 50% of the original height. This affected some of the letters which I then altered to make the graphic I have. It is not 100%, but will pass.

Breakdown:
PVC and tinted ends plus labor $50
Carbon Fibre Wrap $50
Hardware [Stanless Steel bolts and handles] $17.50
Decals $88.00 [this also included some decals for the shoes].
Car Carpet [for the liner] $16.00

cavx What Is The Black Material And How Did You Make/Find The NIKE Footwear Logo And Letters?

One page back you can find my vector file of the logo if you need it: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144960&p=3271221&viewfull=1#post3271221

LOL thank you. I actually have since found a few people local to me that can make these for much less as well.

I can also cut Vinyl in any shape (even the smallest letters) from vectorized graphics with my cutting plotter. And much cheaper than $88. ;)

I almost forgot that last Christmas, I bought my wife this vinyl cutter called a "Brother Scan and Cut". So now I can make my own decals.

The ratings of the "Brother" cutters were too bad and so I bought a "Silhouette".

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back