My Alien Metal Sculpt Figure I Got For Xmas

carpe noctem

my daughter bought it for me for christmas.. heres a few pics and one pic with the pred she bought me before ... i tried to show it on the christmas gifts topic someone made but i keep getting errors ( still having problems uploading pics)so here it is...

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Yes I've seen these around for years now. They always seem to sell them at markets, trendy shops and stalls at music festivals and the like here in the UK. This year however they really came out of the woodwork where I live. We went to our local shopping mall and one of the numerous 'Gadget Shops' had a whole window display of them. The prices were very steep though - as much as $400 for an alien - this seemed excessive.

I used to have a friend who imported native handicrafts from Indonesia and Bali - tribal masks and the like - and he also sold these. This makes me think they are made by the handful dirtcheap in remote countries and then imported with a mark-up. They're pretty cool though.

Congrats!

my wife paid around $100 for it in Manhattan, pretty nice piece , it would probably out live the Neca stuff i got since its solid metal and welded... :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back