Great work on your proton pack, I've gone through the whole thread and well done, I grew up with the Ghostbusters movies, as did a lot of people, a comedy with plenty of heart. I made a proton pack years ago, also scratch built, from anything I could find at the time.

Today, with 3D printers getting better, (and cheaper), perhaps it is time to make my own. Keep up with your great work, and I can't wait to see the final result.

Leaps and bounds ladies and gents, leaps and bounds! So multiple updates here, but to summarize:
I've been sitting on some .25" brass rod for a while now, and finally got it cut to fit the ion arm:
IMG_20220504_213109684[1].jpg
I printed some decals, which can be found at the bottom of here: Pack and Slime Blower Decals - Page 9 - GBFans.com and applied them, and goodness gracious great balls of fire this looks like a pack now!
IMG_20220504_213244856[1].jpgIMG_20220504_222508001[1].jpg
I also dragged out some scrap acrylic sheet and cut out the power cell and cyclotron lenses and simply colored them in with sharpie. (Not to mention screwed in the booster frame) Last but not least I also printed the wand body, and I'm quite happy with my model:
IMG_20220505_203306317[1].jpgIMG_20220505_203318094[1].jpgIMG_20220505_205513844[1].jpg
All in all, some insanely good productivity, and I couldn't be happier. Way ahead of deadline and I'm almost ready to mount the pack on the frame, this is quite possibly the project I'm most proud of! With the way things are going, the next build update might even be the last but we'll have to see-

-Galifreyscall

And here it is; the end of the road.

Lets start off, FanExpo was a massive success!
IMG_20220618_173337103[1].jpgIMG_20220618_173447509[1].jpgIMG_20220618_173442342[1].jpg
The pack was about as light as I expected; in the ballpark of 15 lbs, though at the end of the day I felt every ounce. My frame mounting surprisingly never failed, seeing as I only drilled in a few wood screws then another two to zip tie around the middle bar. I met a lot of fantastic people including a final tally of 12 other 'busters, and got serenaded by Billy Boyd himself! On the downside, the ion arm brass rod kept falling out resulting in a spine-chilling PING everytime, which could still be heard over the crowd noise.

Overall, I'm incredibly proud of this costume (especially since it held up through a rigorous game of laser tag!) and I look forward to trouping around at as many cons as I can. Hope I saw some of you fine people there, as I really wouldn't have kept motivation without y'all, thank you truly.
With that being said, I'll let the pictures speak louder now. Till the next-

-Galifreyscall

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back