My 1st attempt at a character sculpt (TMNT)

nick-a-tron

Hi! Ok i got bitten by the turtle bug again recently and decided to have a crack at sculpting a 1/5th scale turtle head based on the 1st movie. Ive always wanted a large scale model of one and thought it would be a great project to try and make one myself. Ive never sculpted a character before, only random faces etc so this is all a learning experience for me.

So anyway, i started with the head (sorry for the lack of photos, this project went pretty quickly, under 48 hours).

So using Kleanklay I set about getting the look right..

TMNT1-1.jpg

Then made a 1 part mould. Heres the sculpt after demolding..
TMNTdead.jpg

cast head..

TMNTpull2.jpg

TMNTpull1.jpg

Bit of paint and the finished result..

TMNThead1.jpg

Headfin.jpg

Ill be starting on the body soon! I have another headcast which ill be using for the full body project :)

Thanks guys! Yeah the eyes are pretty crooked, had such a hard time sculpting them. Might try and re-do them on another cast and mould it again.

Looks very nice!
Can I ask, though, why was this thread moved? Was it moved by the mods or did you request it be moved? I was just wondering, since I posted a bust sculpt I was working on a while back to the Replica Prop section, though I wasn't sure if it was the right place. It never got much traffic there so I was thinking of starting a new thread in the General Modeling section, since I thought that might be the correct place for it. But since this thread got moved the other way around, it got me curious.

Thanks for the info, that is a little puzzling, but like you said, no reason to argue. Curious, since I've seen other threads that don't seem to belong that don't get moved. Like a Captain America bust that's been posted to the Costume section. Maybe there's different mods for different sections.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back