MrSinistar's Multipass build!

"WOO" IS RIGHT! lol, anyways, I got the first part of the battery cover done. I need to cut up one of the spare circles to make sure everything fits and then glue it all together. I also got one of those Rayovac LED keychains and grabbed the battery and other parts...now I need to figure out how to wire it all up.

I used a bigger 3V than the one that came in my keychain. That way, it fits snugly.

Ahh, I was wondering about that...I think Charles used a 2516 battery for his build.

I would upload more pictures of my build, but my camera and/or my computer not corroborating. I finally found the correct sunglasses at a Dollar Store...they were a little more difficult to find than I though. I actually bought two sunglasses as I noticed they're in two slightly different colors. I'm going to check out screenshots and compare the colors; however, if I can't make a 100% sure decision, I'll just pick one that's the most aesthetically pleasing.

I went against accuracy because I don't like how the tortoise looks. To me it was too obvious what it came from.

Cool that you've made progress.

OH, before you start putting graphics on or anything like that. After you paint it, you'll want a nice layer or two of clear coat enamel. I didn't use it and I regret it. The paint wears off easily at the edges without the clear coat.

I went against accuracy because I don't like how the tortoise looks. To me it was too obvious what it came from.

Cool that you've made progress.

OH, before you start putting graphics on or anything like that. After you paint it, you'll want a nice layer or two of clear coat enamel. I didn't use it and I regret it. The paint wears off easily at the edges without the clear coat.

I agree with you, it does seem rather obvious where it's from...so many sci-fi movie props have been ruined by my knowledge of hockey equipment, haha.

After my first Crow T. Robot build, I realized how important clear coat is, so I put it on all of my props now.

I got the sunglass frame plastic off and I was ready to boil some water, when I noticed how pliable and soft the plastic was, so I practiced with one piece and I grabbed another and slowly bent it into shape. It's not completely straight but it's pretty close and it looks great when compared to the multipass photo from the Making of book.

I was hoping to install the rod by just having the middle piece hold it and glue the other panels with the rod still in place, but the rod is just too thick, so I sanded it down like how Matt describes it in his tutorial.

*goes back to slowly cutting out another battery cover after messing up the first one*

So, I was test fitting parts, and I had some questions about the rings. How many rings go on the top panel? One or two? Also, how does the button not wiggle around inside the cavity?

I attached a thin, plastic backing to my button. I cut it out of some blister packaging from some toy. I cut it into a circle just large enough to fit inside the wider rings. I have two rings for the top panel. The smaller opening for the button, and a wider one under it.

Sorry I haven't worked on the Multipass in a while, since I'm a bit unsure about the button mechanism. I did finally try out soldering for my HAL 9000 build and that worked great so I'm excited to try that out for the multipass soon.

Sorry about the delay, benhs; didn't see you posted. My button is just too loose inside the holder. I want it to stay still and secure instead of just wiggling around inside the compartment. I'm thinking of putting some styrene bumpers inside or maybe making one of the rings thicker with apoxie sculpt or something.

Well, I got the same parts in Matt's kit like everyone else. Am I arranging the parts in the wrong way?

388427_3062138199454_1443438409_3267276_1675611626_n.jpg

405451_3062148919722_1443438409_3267283_2089647840_n.jpg

397206_3062149359733_1443438409_3267284_93606397_n.jpg

These two images show how the button moves inside.

391815_3062149999749_1443438409_3267285_254999074_n.jpg

406827_3062150719767_1443438409_3267286_111340466_n.jpg

The two discs on the very top are the thicker rings.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back