MR Star Wars Studio Scale Wish List

Originally posted by rad1701@Feb 1 2006, 09:18 PM
I have seen no official Falcon announcement.  The product plan for 2006 from MR didn't include it.  That means either it's not coming in 2006 or they haven't announced it yet.  I'd put it on the list Gabe.
[snapback]1173659[/snapback]​

It isn´t on the product plan for 2006, but was anounced to be released. After searching for a while, I found what I was loooking for:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...topic=98240&hl=

Quote from "Master Replicas":

"People said that they didn't want less-than-studio-scale models, so we listened.

However, you then get gigantic models...

-28-inch long Y wing

-32-inch long Falcon

...For which display cases are not practical.

We HAVE taken this into consideration and I think everyone will be quite surprised at some of the options that we will have to help out with this.

More later on that... "

A very interisting quote from "moes1" from the same thread:

"Yeah, Im on it. As many of you guys know already I have finish a bird, not an accurate one, but it's very close, very close. My falcon is natually off here and there cuz all the measurements have I based on pictures and kit parts. BUT, I didn't 3D scan the ILM model, MR did, Ive seen that scan, Frank has too and it's very good. This will, if you ask me, give MR a perfect base/basic shape of the Falcon, way more accurate than Franks and mine.
Where do we come in, well, we have provided MR with the majority the actual kit parts needed to build the model.
-and, not to brag, but I think I have IDed more parts than any other person tried to attempt this replica, so.... you WILL get a very close and very accurate replica and I do look forward to see it being finish. My dream, is/were to have a great display model of, if you ask me, the all time greatest spaceship."

Since you also posted in that thread and due to that this is nothing new to you (in case you didn´t forget about it), do you suggest that there is the possibility that the Falcon won´t be released non the less? Companies have spend much more money to develop products that never made it, but only the fact that it ísn´t on the 2006 lineup (yet?) doesn´t make me think that it won´t be released at all.

Anyway: If Gabe decides to include the Falcon on the list, count me in for the

32" Falcon

:D

Definitely a speeder bike (though I wonder how close the Kenner 12" is in size), ESB Slave 1 and any X-wing.

Are the models at the Boston MOS exhibit the SS shooting models? If so, that Xwing in freakin' huge (Red 3, ESB Luke).

I think I have some pictures of the blockade runner, Xwing and some of the falcon as well as the full size and SS land speeder. If anyone's interested, I can post pics tonight.

-Fred

Originally posted by barbatus+Feb 2 2006, 07:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbatus @ Feb 2 2006, 07:01 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-rad1701
@Feb 1 2006, 09:18 PM
I have seen no official Falcon announcement.  The product plan for 2006 from MR didn't include it.  That means either it's not coming in 2006 or they haven't announced it yet.  I'd put it on the list Gabe.

It isn´t on the product plan for 2006, but was anounced to be released. After searching for a while, I found what I was loooking for:

"People said that they didn't want less-than-studio-scale models, so we listened.

-28-inch long Y wing

-32-inch long Falcon

We HAVE taken this into consideration and I think everyone will be quite surprised at some of the options that we will have to help out with this.

More later on that... "

"Yeah, Im on it. As many of you guys know already I have finish a bird, not an accurate one, but it's very close, very close. My falcon is natually off here and there cuz all the measurements have I based on pictures and kit parts. BUT, I didn't 3D scan the ILM model, MR did, Ive seen that scan, Frank has too and it's very good. This will, if you ask me, give MR a perfect base/basic shape of the Falcon, way more accurate than Franks and mine.
Where do we come in, well, we have provided MR with the majority the actual kit parts needed to build the model.
-and, not to brag, but I think I have IDed more parts than any other person tried to attempt this replica, so.... you WILL get a very close and very accurate replica and I do look forward to see it being finish. My dream, is/were to have a great display model of, if you ask me, the all time greatest spaceship."

Since you also posted in that thread and due to that this is nothing new to you (in case you didn´t forget about it), do you suggest that there is the possibility that the Falcon won´t be released non the less? Companies have spend much more money to develop products that never made it, but only the fact that it ísn´t on the 2006 lineup (yet?) doesn´t make me think that it won´t be released at all.

32" Falcon

[snapback]1174160[/snapback]​
[/b]

A couple of things. First, of course they are working on a Falcon. But it is far from a done deal and your quotes are out of context. Plus they are not an "official" MR announcement. Until then we can all just assume it will come out - at some point in the future. Just like we all have been lead to believe that MR will do Indy props - at some time in the future. I think if you are creating list of "wants" I would say anything not officially announced or released yet should be on there. It shows them there is still an extreme interest in a SS Falcon. But it's Gabe's thread and list so it is up to him.

I dont know if i would ever get a SS since the $ to me is out of my range but if I would, a DEATH STAR (particularly a rotj one) would be incredible...

Originally posted by rad1701+Feb 2 2006, 10:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rad1701 @ Feb 2 2006, 10:54 AM)</div>
Originally posted by barbatus@Feb 2 2006, 07:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-rad1701
@Feb 1 2006, 09:18 PM

-28-inch long Y wing

-32-inch long Falcon

More later on that... "

32" Falcon

[snapback]1174160[/snapback]​

A couple of things. First, of course they are working on a Falcon. But it is far from a done deal and your quotes are out of context. Plus they are not an "official" MR announcement. Until then we can all just assume it will come out - at some point in the future. Just like we all have been lead to believe that MR will do Indy props - at some time in the future. I think if you are creating list of "wants" I would say anything not officially announced or released yet should be on there. It shows them there is still an extreme interest in a SS Falcon. But it's Gabe's thread and list so it is up to him.
[snapback]1174256[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by rad1701@Feb 2 2006, 02:54 PM
A couple of things.  First, of course they are working on a Falcon.  But it is far from a done deal and your quotes are out of context.  Plus they are not an "official" MR announcement.
Like I said: Of course there wasn´t a releasedate anounced yet. But if "MASTER REPLICAS - License Holder" or better say Steve talks about work on the 32" Falcon, it doesn´t have to get any "more official" to me. But I guess I understand what you mean.

Originally posted by rad1701+Feb 2 2006, 02:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rad1701 @ Feb 2 2006, 02:54 PM)</div>
Until then we can all just assume it will come out - at some point in the future.  Just like we all have been lead to believe that MR will do Indy props - at some time in the future.
[/b]
As far as I understood, the Indy Props will be realeased later due to the ongoing delays of Indy 4.

<!--QuoteBegin-rad1701
@Feb 2 2006, 02:54 PM
I think if you are creating list of "wants" I would say anything not officially announced or released yet should be on there.  It shows them there is still an extreme interest in a SS Falcon.  But it's Gabe's thread and list so it is up to him.
I AM also extremely interested in the Falcon :cheers and since I won´t be able to afford to buy it directly from MR, I´ll have to wait even longer to get it from the secondary market :unsure

I believe it won´t make a difference for MR if we have the Falcon on the list or not, but since it won´t hurt either, it could as well be on it.

So Gabe, it´s up to you whether to include the Falcon on the list or not. Choose, but choose wisely :D

I really hope the Falcon is released at some point. I would seriously consider it, although I have no idea how I would display it. I probably would have to buy some sort of small table, and then get an acrylic case custom made. I will say that I would rather be forced to do that then to buy a 3/4 scale model like the Snowspeeder.

I still wonder what Steve meant by the display alternatives for the Y-Wing and Falcon? MR should just sell the acrylic cases separately. That would be easier for them to ship, plus it would keep costs low for people who want a case. Custom cases would be more expensive than that. If you don't want a case, then don't buy it, but I wish we were offered the choice. Obviously the Y-Wing launch has come and gone, and we've heard nothing...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back