MR Star Wars Studio Scale Wish List

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Prop Runner

Sr Member
I mean, the Y-wing is cool and everything, but I think the X-wing and T.I.E. fighter/interceptor/bomber should take precedence, n'est pas?

And what about the Rebel Blockade Runner?

AT-ST?

I'd also love to see a studio-scale Sandcrawler (RC.. RC.. :D ) and a 1/12 - 1/8 (whatever scale was parked outside Old Ben's hut) land speeder hovering over an electromagnetic base. :love

And how about Luke's T-16 or the Shuttle Tyridium? The Cloud City twin-pod car?

A SPEEDER BIKE.........

Somebody please stop me. :p

********EDIT********

Ok, so nobody stopped me. :lol

Ok, here's the tally so far, in order of mention, top 5 in GREEN BOLD:
  • X-wing fighter - 6
  • T.I.E. fighter - 5
  • Vader's T.I.E. fighter - 11
  • T.I.E. Interceptor - 4
  • T.I.E. bomber - 3
  • Rebel Blockade Runner - 3
  • AT-ST ROTJ - 3
  • Sandcrawler - 3
  • Shuttle Tyridium - 7
  • Luke's T-16 - 1
  • The Cloud City twin-pod car - 3
  • Speeder bike - 3
  • Land speeder - 3
  • Death Star - 3
  • Star Destroyer - 7
  • Slave 1 ESB - 4
  • Death Star ROTJ -2
  • Republic gunship AOTC - 2
  • Escape pod - 1
  • Executor/Super Star Destroyer - 3
  • Sail barge - 2
  • Sand skiff - 1
  • Republic star destroyer -1
  • A-wing - 2
  • B-wing - 2
  • AT-ST ESB - 1
  • Amidala Royal Starship - 1
  • Jedi fighter ROTS - 1
I'll update the list every day as long as people post.

Hey, MR: market research on the house. :D

- Gabe
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gytheran

Sr Member
The y-wing is cool, though. :)

If I had the disposable income, I would get it... but I have to pick and choose my battles. :)

I'm waiting on the Falcon. :D
 

MegaPrime33

Well-Known Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I agree. I feel it was an odd choice to have the y-wing take precedence over other vehicles such as the x-wing and tie fighter. I can see the snowspeeder, as they also released the At-At with it, but the y-wing? Seems like an odd choice considering what else is out there.

I personally want to see the imperial shuttle. To me that's just one of the greatest most underrated vehicle in the history of SW. EVeryone always says they want an x-wing, or tie fighter, or even a speeder, but why not the shuttle? Sure it will be incredibly expensive, but so was the At-At and people bought that.
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vaderfanforever

Active Member
1. Vader's TIE Advanced This is #1 only because I am a Vader fan :p

2. Imperial Shuttle - should have been done already.

3. Star Destroyer with lights and mini scale blockade runner

4. TIE Fighter/Intercepter/Bomber

5. Slave 1 - ESB version

6. At-St

7. Death Star 2 - with mini Imperial Shuttle (make it like the ship is going towards it.

8. Twinpod Cloud Car

9. Republic Gunship - with mini Clonetroopers

10. Even though I LOVE the Empire...the X-Wing with Death Star base
 

Stormtrooper

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 28 2006, 02:07 PM
I mean, the Y-wing is cool and everything, but I think the X-wing and T.I.E. fighter/interceptor/bomber should take precedence, n'est pas?
[snapback]1170323[/snapback]​
I reckon MR don't see the X-Wing or TIE fighter as a priority, as Icons did 'em a few years back, and they're going to concentrate on vehicles that Icons didn't get around to, first... :unsure

I think a SS Millenium Falcon is looonng overdue... and Vader's TIE would be hella cool :love

Cheers,
John
 

vaderfanforever

Active Member
I just thought of something.......

Make Vader's Tie and a regualr Tie Fighter with bases (NOT like the Y-Wing base) that connect together to form Vader's wing men from ANH. Now that would rock..

If you are seeing this MR, I want a commision. :love ;)

VFF
 

Lanboy

Well-Known Member
Without question the studio scale ship I await most eagerly is the Rebel Blockade Runner. After that, I suppose the Falcon, ANH Tie and X-Wing. I'd love to see a Star Destroyer, but that's a little large...it would have to be non-studio scale to sell widely I suspect.
 

cking

Sr Member
1. Falcon
2. ANH Vader TIE
3. Landspeeder
4. Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike
5. Imperial Shuttle

I'm sure I read that MR couldn't release their Vader TIE this year because Code 3 were already going to release theirs and I guess it would have been too competitive. :(

I can understand why they're not doing the X-Wing and TIE Fighter at the moment (due to the ICONS versions, not to mention fan produced kits). However, I really hope they do release them in the future.

Chris
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

KarlBud420

Well-Known Member
I agree with the list below 1000%, except my #1 has got to be the shuttle Tyderium. It would be great if they could make it with the folding wings and maybe deployable ramp...*drool*

Bruce

Originally posted by vaderfanforever@Jan 28 2006, 11:12 AM
1. Vader's TIE Advanced This is #1 only because I am a Vader fan  :p

2. Imperial Shuttle - should have been done already.

3. Star Destroyer with lights and mini scale blockade runner

4. TIE Fighter/Intercepter/Bomber

5. Slave 1 - ESB version

6. At-St

7. Death Star 2  - with mini Imperial Shuttle (make it like the ship is going towards it.

8. Twinpod Cloud Car

9. Republic Gunship - with mini Clonetroopers

10. Even though I LOVE the Empire...the X-Wing with Death Star base
[snapback]1170353[/snapback]​
 

vaderdarth

Master Member
Vader's TIE for sure.
Falcon
Landspeeder (I'd truly love this after inspecting at C3)
Sandcrawler
Blockade Runner
Star Destroyer
Shuttle Tyderium
Speeder Bike
Sail Barge
Sand Skiff
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RedTwoX

Sr Member
There's an old show biz saying, "Always leave them wanting more". I figure that's what MR is doing with the studio scale. If they throw the top 3 or top 5 desired replicas out there first, the rest of the line will get ingored... yesterday's news. So they hold some big hitters back. That way, everytime MR annoinces that a new Studio Scale is about to release everyone still gets excited because it might be one of the biggies. So they'll toss the Y-wing out there and then follow it up with the Millennium Falcon. Then we'll see two or there Y-wing equivalents like a TIE Bomber, and they we'll get another biggie like Luke's Red-Five X-Wing or Vader's TIE Advanced. I'll be surprised if I'm wrong about this.


Personally, I won't be buying the Studio Scale kits. With the AT-AT, Snow Speeder, and Y-wing as bench marks it's pretty clear that this line is in a price range I don't care to venture into. Any of them that I would be interested in owning are already represented by impressive model kits (both licensed and otherwise), and given how much I enjoy building kits I would save a ton of money and do them myself. Just my personal preferrence.
 

Stormy320

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by RedTwoX@Jan 28 2006, 06:04 PM
There's an old show biz saying, "Always leave them wanting more".  I figure that's what MR is doing with the studio scale.  If they throw the top 3 or top 5 desired replicas out there first, the rest of the line will get ingored... yesterday's news.  So they hold some big hitters back.  That way, everytime MR annoinces that a new Studio Scale is about to release everyone still gets excited because it might be one of the biggies.  So they'll toss the Y-wing out there and then follow it up with the Millennium Falcon.  Then we'll see two or there Y-wing equivalents like a TIE Bomber, and they we'll get another biggie like Luke's Red-Five X-Wing or Vader's TIE Advanced.  I'll be surprised if I'm wrong about this.



Yea - that makes some sense.

I love the Y-Wing and I'm glad to see they're doing it. I don't know if I have enough room in my house for it...but we'll see. I will definitely be getting the Falcon.

I want to add Slave 1 to the list, but only if they would make it Studio Scale. With all the Fett fans out there I would think it would sell like hot cakes :love .
 

victory201

Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My short list is:

Vader's TIE
Millenium Falcon
Star Destroyer
X-Wing

In that order. Anything else, I would run out of room.

And PLEASE limit to the OT no prequel.

DJ
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Top