MR Snowspeeder....

ioncanon

Has anyone repainted their snowspeeder? The paint job is pretty good but I'm going to keep a paint job as a future upgrade. I think with the right paint job it can look way better. Anyone you guys can recommend?

I did the paint master... and repainted one to match :)

The factory did an absolutely tremendous job, but as we all know, realistically they're not able to put the hundreds of man hours into a paint job like we can and do. I love what they did.

If you want to go "crazy" and have some fearlessness, pop it apart, and "superdetail" it. You'll break it, but some putty and zip kicked glue fixes all manner of "boo boos".

The one I did has been repainted, and sports seatbelts, scratchbuilt gunner station and miscellaneous controls, cut-opened cockpit with full glazing, harpoon and cable, and a few artistic liberties like photoetched floor grating :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

I have another speeder that's slated to one day be Wedge's speeder... I'm thinking about dremelling out the Laser Cannon mounts to make room for positionable airbrake details :)

Jason

That is beautiful, fantastic work. I'd be all over the MR snowspeeder like stink on a monkey if the finish piece looked like yours.

stonky

Wow - Your Speeder Looks Incredible.

It was definitely worth cracking it open to achieve such wonderful results.

Looks really good..

Love to see more pics of it. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back