McQuarrie Concept snowspeeder build.

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI folks. Ive been a little busy lately on one project after another. But the cold weather here has given me an opportunity to have a few days to myself on a project ive been wanting to get my teeth into for a long while.
We all love a Snowspeeder,( i guess !) but i really love one of the concept McQuarrie versions.
so i've set about making a kit of this iconic beasty in laser cut perspex and cast parts. Nice and large at 1/12 scale so the 6 inch figures will fit ( I didn't fancy remodelling the pilot !). I cant lie, it's been a lot of work and some very late nights getting the first panels together, redesigning for easier assembly blah blah. But it's here in the flesh now.
Just the re-modeling of the gun parts and other engine bits to make good for casting, then the laborious task of making some instructions for all 200 plus parts.

Heres the version im after re-creating.
IMG_3807.jpeg

So i had a night of exploring shapes and how to make it,

and heres what it looks like after a few days work sorting out bits and bobs. Ive thrown some paint at it for a convention soon, but needed to keep all parts separate for removal and casting work, so its a bit of an, "almost done" version. More modelling on the guns to do for the final incarnation, but you get the gist of it.
IMG_3959.jpeg

Heres a video which will explain a lot more than i can get on here in words and pics if you fancy a cup of tea and some youtube.
Ill be posting updates on this as i get through the rest of the project.
Hope you guys like it.
Happy modelling folks. :)

Holey moly, that looks Freakin Insane Andy!
Especially the final paint. Even though it looked great in the simple grey before final.

Nice design work flow. Gota love Rhino.
Thanks Bjorn, it came out nice in the end. Next one should be slick as you like with all the little niggles worked out from this tester. Cant wait to get cutting and building that one.

Thank you for the kind words folks, they keep me going when im about to loose my mind :)
As promised, heres the next vid with the painting. Still a little detailing to do to be honest, but it's 99 percent there.

I love the way you're thinking in terms of...well, everything concerning prepping, building and painting! This is looking fabby :cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back