MR Qui-Gon Jinn Episode I: TPM Lightsaber

It would make sense for the CE's to be below the Force FX price point in order for people not in-the-know to actually consider buying a hilt over a saber that lights up and makes noise.

From a marketting view, ti would seem like some dude who likes Star Wars, browsing though a Best Buy, would find it hard to shell out 200 bucks for a hilt over one that glows.

But, again, 75-100 bucks would make sense. But we all know not ewverything done makes sense.

Originally posted by SithLord@Feb 3 2006, 12:21 AM
I'm curious how many different versions of the Qui-Gon saber there were? Which version was this based on?

[snapback]1174809[/snapback]​

Good question. There were many stunt sabers used during the production of EP1, but apparently there may only have been one or two hero sabers for each design. My guess is this is based on the main hero saber.

I'm a little disappointed with the announcement that the LE Qui Gon won't be stainless steel to match the recent Elite Edition Obi Wan. I thought it would be a good way to differentiate between the price points of the two Qui Gon sabers.

They could have put a stainless sleeve on the LE Qui Gon for $365. I can't imagine that it's a piece that they'd make an Elite Edition.

Adam

I'm excited about the CE version...it's about time they did this one.
It's my favorite of the prequel sabers...
Best saber, best character...

Originally posted by Sporak@Feb 3 2006, 02:36 AM
I'm excited about the CE version...it's about time they did this one.
It's my favorite of the prequel sabers...
Best saber, best character...
[snapback]1174898[/snapback]​

Absolutely. I can't wait for this. Hands down my favorite saber. Actually looks like you could hold it in a real fight. And Qui-gon epitomizes the Jedi in my opinion.

I am all for the CE line of sabers. The more people that get to enjoy the feel of a real 1:1 replica the better and screw all that "I'm going to buy a bunch of them to sell on ebay for ten times the price later" stuff (no offense intended). :)

For me, the value of the hobby is holding the iconic pieces in my hand and gazing at them from time to time. I'd like as many as possible out there to be able to enjoy that pleasure and the cost (even for some fan-made stuff) is often prohibitive for those with low income and other "real life" problems.

They should have done the CE instead of the .045 versions from the beginning. As to the price... I agree with keeping them at under 100 dollars. If they do that, I could see myself getting a lot of them.

Even though this saber isn't one of my favorites, Qui Gon is one of the best prequel characters and I'll probably buy it to support more CEs in the future.

Now...MR... PLEASE BRING ON THE MACE WINDU CE.. :D

/Joe F

I have slightly mixed feelings about the CE line. First, MR seems very secretive with the price right now. Why? But yeah, it will be nice that others can enjoy sabers now that couldn't afford the higher end LE versions. I myself will probably grab a few CE's when they go back and make some of the OT sabers in CE versions. And for those that think they won't do this, you are fooling yourself. They have pretty much done every major saber already now, so they will have to go back and remake older ones in CE versions. That's a given.

I would hope it's under 100. It is mostly resin, after all.

I'm all for the CE's, and I hope they make previous sabers more in line with the stunt sabers used in the film.

i think this is a great idea from MR, i have a couple of force fx sabers and a couple of EL's, i like that for whatever the price they did something, i've never been able to justify paying so much for static MR hilts. now with the CE line (if, and by jove they better keep it under force fx price) i can collect some hilts. good start with the qui gon, best jedi ever. and best hilt, i'll be getting me one of those..

so, for us over the pond- where would be best to buy one of these CE's as i know of no 'official' MR dealers in the UK (except maybe forbidden planet-but they'd charge EE price for it)

Originally posted by nae1000@Feb 3 2006, 08:51 AM
i think this is a great idea from MR, i have a couple of force fx sabers and a couple of EL's, i like that for whatever the price they did something, i've never been able to justify paying so much for static MR hilts. now with the CE line (if, and by jove they better keep it under force fx price) i can collect some hilts. good start with the qui gon, best jedi ever. and best hilt, i'll be getting me one of those..

so, for us over the pond- where would be best to buy one of these CE's as i know of no 'official' MR dealers in the UK (except maybe forbidden planet-but they'd charge EE price for it)
[snapback]1175043[/snapback]​
I have a feeling that there will be plenty of people selling these on ebay with worldwide shipping.

There's also Toy Palace in Germany. I've bought from them several times without any problems. I've read some people have had issues with their customer service, but they haven't given me any grief. They can be a little pricey on some items though. As always, shop around and compare.

Amy:
I've not received the last 2 MR emails, tho I've received all others issued before Jan 01, 2006.

Can you help w/ this?
I'm certainly going to get the QGJ LE, but would like to know when.

Also: where & when do we sign up for 2006 Collectors Society?

Thanks,
Mike G.

On the MR website, it's under the scaled replicas in the Star Wars section. It costs 60 bucks, you get some coupons and a Mace Windu .45 scale saber with the kit.

And they sent out emails with the MSRP for the CE Qui Gon: $199.

Not too happy with that myself.

Originally posted by defyitall@Feb 3 2006, 02:07 PM

And they sent out emails with the MSRP for the CE Qui Gon: $199.

Not too happy with that myself.
[snapback]1175129[/snapback]​

For some resin and a metal sleeve I surely hope not ... if that is the price it would seem to me, it based on them riding the coat tails of thier liscence. Because the value is definately not in the materials used.

The Qui Gon Collectors Edition MSRP is $199 and all interested collectors should contact their favorite Master Replicas Authorized Retailer to place an order.

Originally posted by Scarecrow@Feb 3 2006, 05:26 PM
I hope this line fails. I don't want them rereleasing everything. That would suck.
[snapback]1175138[/snapback]​

I agree releasing everything would be a bummer, but I don't hope it FAILS. I don't hope any start-up company like MR FAILS.

You know, when everyone here looks back on this when you're sixty, you'll probably all have a hard time even remembering what happened to your saber collection... like what happened to comic books with kids from a generation ago. :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back