MR FALCON-Meet the Project Mngr and his two helpers!

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by BrundelFly, Apr 26, 2006.

1. BrundelFly

BrundelFly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Meet Mr Larry "Larbel" Leung Frank "Brundelfly" Cerney and Morten "Moes1"Moeslund.

Sorry the falcon is intentionally washed out, trust me its GORGEOUS.

Just thought you would want to see the Larry, the Project Manager and his two elves.

This picture is from our trip to look over the engineering model to ensure the parts we supplied were in all the correct places and to help make sure the rest of the ship was as accurate as physically possible.

I know MR isn't going to make alot of these, but if there is ever ANYTHING you ever considered collecting from the MR STAR WARS line, this should be the prop to get .

When Im allowed, I wll post more pics, including close ups.

[​IMG]

2. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

Great picture and great model guys. Congrats...

3. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

ooOOOOoooooooooo...

When When When?...

Nice job guys.

4. rhboyd

rhboyd Well-Known Member

Man.

Between this and the 1701....

too muckin' futch....

-r.

5. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Edit - see further down

6. Watson

Watson Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ohhhhhh Ahhhhhh

7. cking

cking Sr Member

I can't even begin to describe how much I want to see this thing painted.
    AWESOME work to all involved. I can "retire" from studio scale collecting once this baby is released.

Chris

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

really cool. thanks for sharing.

9. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

Cool..
    So these pics were taken months ago???
    I was wondering because SD is in the pics and I thought he was gone from MR along time ago, unless they hired him back.

Lynn

10. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Finally. I have been waiting on something like this for --oh say... 29 years.

11. BrundelFly

Yes Lynn. We were there in Jan.

Oh and..No it wasnt picture time yet. Not of the model anyway.
    But those are COOL SHOTS..

Frank

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Apr 26 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]1233724[/snapback]</div>

12. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

I want more...More...MORE

and...

I want an Oompa Loompa NOW Daddy.

13. moffeaton

Ooookay, playing it safe with the piccies:

[​IMG]
    It was an honor to be a part of this project - and to watch Frank and Moe in action. Those guys are machines.

[​IMG]
    Larry (Larbel.), me, Bryan, Steve, Moe, Frank.

Things like this happen because of a love for the subject matter and the absolute dedication of the team involved. It's a thrill to see the passion manifest itself in the real world, and I know that Dean's paint work will continue to raise the bar that this project represents.

We're all going to look back on ths one day and say that we witnessed the birth of the finest Star Wars replica ever created.

I've got my display spot all picked out.

14. BrundelFly

LOOK... MORE ELVES...

What a MOTELY CRUE...
    Now maybe folks will have an idea what a monumental Team Effort it was to produce this thing, and How Dedicated MR was To GET IT RIGHT.

I cant wait til it's available.

WOO HOO...

15. moffeaton

Amen Brotha.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BrundelFly @ Apr 26 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]1233850[/snapback]</div>

16. Darth Infamous

Darth Infamous Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow....Im drooling. Even at the washed out pic of that flying hunk of junk. :) Kudos to you guys for helping on this project. Your dedication will surely make the falcon truly accurate to say the least. Im sure it will be fantastic. AND YES Im gonna get me one. haha.. Cant wait for more pics Frank.

Carl

17. eFXBarry

eFXBarry Well-Known Member

18. The Dude

The Dude Sr Member

Frank, Barry, Morton, and Larry...

Freaking awesome job, guys. That thing is huge.

Fantastic work. :)

I can't wait to see what magic Dean does to it. :)

19. darthgoat

darthgoat Well-Known Member

That really looks fantastic.

20. cobywan

cobywan Sr Member

NOW I know what the people who complain about model prices are going through.

I wan't it. But can't afford it. (And I know it's got a more than fair pricetag. I am not complaining.) And I can't display it either. I just hope to see one in person some day.

21. moffeaton

Glad to see Barry is finally showing pics. That looks great. I echo what Chad says - MR had a fantastic team assemble to work on that beastie. I'm partial to the cockpit, hehe.

22. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So what is the price tag on this?

23. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Kidneys grow back, right?

24. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Now how do i convince my girlfriend we need one of these, are there any price rumors or facts, im guessing around $3000, which means ill really have to do some work on the lady of the house considering what ive spent so far this year, seriously, great pics guys thanks for posting, she looks beautiful......lee

25. Darth Infamous

Whoa... :eek :eek That is just fantastic. :) Umm....does anyone know the possible pricetag of this masterpiece.

Carl

26. Rogue Studios

Rogue Studios Well-Known Member

Hey, guys nice work. After getting input from you guys on my Falcon 4 years ago I can say my model wouldn't be what it is without Moes and Franks input. MR is getting a nice model and I'm looking forward to seeing this offered. Ok so when does this get painted?

Lee

27. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Spectacular work, guys. Definitely looks like it's worth a kidney or two. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks for sharing the terrific photos. Looking forward to some more detailed shots... especially of that cockpit to which moffeaton is so partial. :D

28. streetjudge79

streetjudge79 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Let's just pray the final paintjob that the customers will get will be up to those standards as well. This looks like a Must have model.

29. moffeaton

I agree. So what's the projected street date on this?

30. Lukes Roommate

Lukes Roommate Well-Known Member

That. Looks. Incredible.
    I can't WAIT to see this in it's finished state...and pick one up.. :)

31. Spiker

Spiker Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I guess i am in love ;)
    Absolutly great .

I just hope they make enough that we all can get one. I don't want to pick that up in the aftermarket for twice the price... *sigh*

32. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

I don't like to say this, but I believe MR price may put a limitation on those that will be able to buy this item. Anything above $2,000 and I think most would have a problem being able to get this dream. Then again,.. this is pretty much a "high-end" collectible and that may be the target consumer they are going after. I know it is worth it to me since I have been holding out for this Falcon,... otherwise I would just get a Fine Molds version and have it built-up.

33. Spiker

I believe this time its different than with the AT-AT or Snowspeeder.
    First of all the Falcon is much more popular.
    Then in the meantime people are used to pay high prices for high end collectbles.
    And last, most people are saving money for this thing since the project has been announced.

So i worry big time that these could be too limited... pls make enough :)

34. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spiker @ Apr 27 2006, 07:32 AM) [snapback]1234133[/snapback]</div>
    You are correct....this is one of the most popular Star Wars items ever. That said,.. I belive MR knows this and will want to milk it to it's full worth. The manufacturer only keeps high end collectible numbers low to raise pricing for exclusivity,.. not because they don't wish to sell more. In this case, because it is such a popular item and is in demand, I don't believe exclusivity will be their main focus for profit, but a good quantity will,.... say limited to 2000 to 2500 units. They will make enough. Then again,...I have been very wrong before. :unsure They could go the other direction and only produce 500 to 1000. :cry

35. cobywan

cobywan Sr Member

The term "High End Collectible" isn't quite right here. The only proper term is "Holy Grail Item".

36. BrundelFly

Barry,...you had the cat.
    We just posted people pics.
    ;-)

And what a NICE KITTY IT IS...
    Here KITTY KITTY..

"if you pour the milk...they will come."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 27 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]1233895[/snapback]</div>

37. moffeaton

CAT-SCRATCH FEVER

General Goal: To know the major cause(s) of this disease, how it is transmitted, and the major manifestations of the disease.

Specific Educational Objectives: The student should be able to:

1. recite the most common causes of cat-scratch fever - repeated viewing of ESB.

2. describe the common means of transmission - Internet prop boards.

3. describe the major manifestations of this infection - clearing 3 foot sections of table space in your home, pleading with wives/girlfriends, squirreling money away in a bank account.

4. describe how you diagnose, treat and prevent this infection - Buy a Fine Molds, realize it "isn't big enough", and pre-order the MR Falcon immediately. There is no known preventative measures.

Reading: MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY by P.R. Murray, K.S. Rosenthal, G.S. Kobayashi and M.A. Pfaller, 3rd Edition. pp. 287.

38. eFXBarry

LOL Frank,

Since you and Jason pre-empted the strike, Bryan authorized releasing the cat from the bag. It just needs to be a co-ordinated team effort :) Much like the Falcon herself :)

I'm lucky I have one of these babies sitting right next to me. It's awesome, folks. I know you studio scale modelers were sick of hearing me post about how good the AT-AT was when we were developing that puppy, well the Millennium Falcon is just incredible.

We'll blog some detailed pics later in the day.

Regarding final pricing and edition size, that'll be announced shortly. Yes, it will be a high collectible, and yes MR are aware that there are a LOT of MF fans out there so expect the edition size to take that into consideration.

If you've ever longed for an accurate model of the Millennium Falcon, then rest assured the Falcon has (almost) landed...

Barry

39. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 27 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]1234300[/snapback]</div>
    Good enough for my allegience. :D

Bring that Falcon on. I am drooling all over the place. :p

40. Spiker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 27 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1234300[/snapback]</div>
    Yehaaa :D Thx Barry .

41. Beeb89

Beeb89 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Every time I hear about this item, (and now seeing pics), I can't wipe the grin from my face. I'm planning a MAJOR prop and toy sell very soon just to make DARN sure I have plenty of cash in place once these are offered.

Out of everything that MR has offered up to this point, (and potentially anything they can offer down the road for that matter), this is one I have GOT to have..

-B89. :D

42. eFXBarry

43. cking

cking Sr Member

Thanks so much for these pics Barry.

Quick question - will all of the "yellow" resin parts be applied individually on the customer versions or will a lot more of them be molded "onto" the hull?

Either way, I can't wait for this thing.

Chris

44. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Apr 27 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]1234438[/snapback]</div>
    I second, third, and fourth that.

THANK YOU BARRY.

45. eFXBarry

Hey there Chris,

The yellow parts you see on the hull of the Falcon will be injection molded pieces on the production pieces. The final model will come assembled, except perhaps for the radar dish, and fully painted. What you're seeing here is the first engineering prototype which will soon be shipped off to be painted.

Barry

46. REL

REL Sr Member

Wow this thing is going to be HUGE. Beautiful.

47. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Fantastic guys.

An amazing achievement.

You all should be very proud.

48. Darth Infamous

Wow. Thanks for the pics Barry. :) Fantastic detail. Its certainly huge.

Carl

49. jvasilatos

jvasilatos Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Barry @ Apr 27 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1234446[/snapback]</div>
    It is amazing, I just hope that they can paint and weather such a monstrous piece accurately to do it justice like the screen used model given how beautiful the physical detail is.

And no one has given a rough estimate yet on price, is there any figure that's been tossed out yet?

JV

50. eFXBarry

There are still a couple of things in play that will determine the final pricing on this piece. So, sorry I can't provide you with the answer on that. All I can say is that it's not as high as some have speculated and not as cheap either :)

Barry