Movies you hate that everyone else likes

I'm not a fan of the Marvel movies in general (don't hate them, just not interested in the subject matter). What in particular did you hate?

It's kind of hard to say exactly, I loved the first Thor, but I just couldn't seem to get into this one. It seemed to deviate quite a bit from what was established in the first movie and The Avengers.

Some of what I didn't like:
- Killing Thor's mother
- Moving Jane from New Mexico to England
- Adding that stupid intern ( didn't care about him in the slightest)
- Portraying Eric Selvig as basically a crazy old man
- Showing Odin dismissing Jane's illness and Thor's concern as nothing.(like he doesn't care about Jane/Mortals at all.) Yet he is supposed to be protector of them.
- Having Loki portray Odin at the very end, WTF!!!??? Did Odin just disappear?
- Showing the Agardians as basically useless against the Dark Elves(there's an original enemy)

In general, I just didn't find it all that interesting.

Okay, complaining over.:D

I tried watching Thor a few weeks ago (the 1st one)... just awful. I loved all the Avenger characters as a kid, but the movies are mostly unwatchable for me. Ironman and maybe Captain America are the only ones I would consider owning.

It's kind of hard to say exactly, I loved the first Thor, but I just couldn't seem to get into this one. It seemed to deviate quite a bit from what was established in the first movie and The Avengers.

Some of what I didn't like:
- Killing Thor's mother
- Moving Jane from New Mexico to England
- Adding that stupid intern ( didn't care about him in the slightest)
- Portraying Eric Selvig as basically a crazy old man
- Showing Odin dismissing Jane's illness and Thor's concern as nothing.(like he doesn't care about Jane/Mortals at all.) Yet he is supposed to be protector of them.
- Having Loki portray Odin at the very end, WTF!!!??? Did Odin just disappear?
- Showing the Agardians as basically useless against the Dark Elves(there's an original enemy)

In general, I just didn't find it all that interesting.

Okay, complaining over.:D

Freya had to die to bring the brothers together to revenge her death. Plus it takes away any issues with her during Loki pretending to Odin. Loki would never harm her, so to have total control over Kingdom she would have to be gone. Odin got taken out by Loki when he was in the form of a solider who told Odin only a body was found and it wasn't Thor. They will cover that part later one for sure, they just teased ya for now.

Yeah intern was stupid not needed & they should have left Eric as brilliant instead of crazy.

Agardians were taken by surprised, not ready for organized battle attack / defense. They were working on the prison attack when the dark elves just rolled in like a boss. Kinda splits your ranks at the moment.

Jane moved to work on trying to find Thor & also other crazy science things. Eric knew something was up with stone hedge, so she went with him.

Much better movie than the 1st one.

The Matrix
A Christmas Story
all John Hughes movies except Planes Trains...
Better Off Dead
Will Ferrell movies
Jim Carey movies
Ben Stiller movies
probably The Hangover films, if I saw them

Hangover films ... And I have seen them.
Hunger Games films, too.
all the Harry Potter films

just about every Oliver Stone movie

hahahahah it's amazing how my mind changed since I posted this.

I wouldn't say I hate any of these movies because that's a far stretch. I don't particularly enjoy watching these movies though but some are definitely more enjoyable than others.

The Hangover trilogy
Fast & Furious -all of them I think these have mixed reception.
Any Tim Burton film with Johnny Depp.
The Wolverine
[strike]Iron Man 2&3[/strike] These were never liked by everyone to begin with; they don't deserve to be on this list on that count, but I still don't really like them.
[strike]POTC 4 -it currently seems to be regarded as good by most people I know who saw it.[/strike]
Hellboy 2
Hulk -Bana & Norton movies
[strike]Star Wars saga[/strike] -still not big on these but I do enjoy ANH. I don't dislike the others.
[strike]Harry Potter[/strike] -I only like 4
[strike]Transformers trilogy -I know mostly everyone around here knows they're one big pile of **** with 1 being the only decent of the 3 but there are still a lot of people who think they're great. -_-'[/strike] I think general consensus of these is that they all suck, and I never really liked the first one to begin with
[strike]Skyfall[/strike] -I really enjoy this movie up until the climax. It just seems so unrealistic for me, even for Bond.
12 Years A Slave

New Additions:
The Hobbit trilogy -while AUJ is the one that is more accurate to the book, the hyperbolic action sequences completely ruined it for me. As did all the dwarf individuality. It makes this list because it seems only Tolkien book fans dislike it.

Last edited:
There's not many films I actually hate but if I had to list some it would have to be:

Suckerpunch- a film written by 13 year old boys, for 13 year old boys. I've seen people argue that this is a pro feminist film, that made me laff. Probably the most misogynistic and boring film I've ever seen

Matrix Reloaded + Revolutions- do I even need to list reasons

Captain America the First Avenger- Actually I don't hate this film, up until about half way it's really enjoyable but after that....??? Disappointing

Iron Man 3- Major disappointment, what was the deal with the Mandarin?? Felt totally screwed over on this one, maybe I'd like it a second time round but I haven't tried

Thunderbirds (2004)
- I can't even...begin to describe my loathing for this film....I just...what....

Iron Man 3- Major disappointment, what was the deal with the Mandarin?? Felt totally screwed over on this one, maybe I'd like it a second time round but I haven't tried
Are you disappointed because the Mandarin was just a fake? If so you really ought to see the latest Marvel One Shot short (extra on Thor 2 Blu Ray) which gives more background on it. I'm really trying hard not to spoil it.

Last edited:
Are you disappointed because the Mandarin was just a fake? If so you really ought to see the latest Marvel One Shot short (extra on Thor 2 Blu Ray) which gives more background on it. I'm really trying hard not to spoil it.

Haha, don;t worry my friend told me about it less than an hour ago. Sounds exciting to me!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back