Movies you hate that everyone else likes

I feel like I really should like the LOTR but I just don't know, I just can't get into it. I love some other fantasy, I even like the Masters of the Universe, and I'm a kiwi. I'd get shot for saying this in NZ. lol :cheers

Princess Bride (never understood the obsession with it)
Back to the Future
ANYTHING Tarantino (corny)
ANYTHING Burton (repetition is not a talent)
ANYTHING Bay (no talent)
Jurassic Park
Beetlejuice (yeah I know I already said Burton. This one's special)
Stargate (just the long one-scene movie)
.......so many more.............

Maybe hate is too strong a word. I can't think of any form of media I truly hate.........except rap music....Utterly despise and loathe every form of it.

I have 3 movie to add to my hate list (and I do mean hate)

The first 2 hobbit movie: boring, dull, slow, uninteresting, I could go on. How could Peter Jackson go from making The Lord of the Rings trilogy (which I loved) to this........travesty

Fury: I cannot say how much I HATE!!! this film, I won't try to go into specifics, suffice to say that it now tops my worst movie list.

Fury: I cannot say how much I HATE!!! this film, I won't try to go into specifics, suffice to say that it now tops my worst movie list.
I'd actually like to hear your reasons for having such a strong dislike for this movie. It has it's flaws, but it's far from being the worst movie I've ever seen.

The rediscovery and appreciation that seems to be happening for Alien 3. I still don't like the film.

Last edited:
Everything JJ Abrams has ever done, ever....
but especially Star Trek Into Darkness.
Into Darkness was so bad it made me hate ST 2009 retroactively

This one is going to be unpopular, but you did say "Movies that everyone else likes" so here goes:

T2.

You are not alone. I didn't care for T2. I couldn't stand Edward Furlong... and the fact that he whined through the whole movie only makes it worse

I totally agree with how terrible the Hobbit movies turned out. Loved the book. Despised how Jackson and crew ruined it.

And though not a movie, Walking Dead is the worst junk on television.

I think he's awful....except for super 8. I thought that was brilliant.

It's the one thing that gives me hope for star wars

I'd actually like to hear your reasons for having such a strong dislike for this movie. It has it's flaws, but it's far from being the worst movie I've ever seen.

I can't really put my finger on it, it's just that for some reason this movie really turned me off. Usually I can point to something specific in a film (acting, plot, editing, etc), but in this case, there's just something about the whole film in general that really got to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I really like war/military movies, including ones that show the real horrors of warfare, but again I don't like every military movie that I see either.

It's just one of those things that I really can't explain.

I can't really put my finger on it, it's just that for some reason this movie really turned me off. Usually I can point to something specific in a film (acting, plot, editing, etc), but in this case, there's just something about the whole film in general that really got to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I really like war/military movies, including ones that show the real horrors of warfare, but again I don't like every military movie that I see either.

It's just one of those things that I really can't explain.
Okay, thank you for the response!

You are not alone. I didn't care for T2. I couldn't stand Edward Furlong... and the fact that he whined through the whole movie only makes it worse
I've always said that T2 worse than everyone thinks and T3 is better than everyone thinks

It's not star trek! I deny abrams and all his works! I rebuke you, Lens flare obsessed, pastiche of scenes from the movies, and a plot that has been done in REAL star trek 3 times already give it a rest!

And the engineering section should not look like a brewery, and the bridge should not look like an apple store (complete with price scanners) , and the Enterprise should not look like it was desigend in 1954 by fisher!

huff...huff...I think I feel better now.

I can deal with the bridge looking like the apple store, and the engineering section looking like a brewery.

What I can't stand is the fact that nothing makes any sense, even within it's own universe.

• Hey, Ensign Kirk broke a rule... let's put him in the brig... No better yet, let's eject him onto an icy moon, cuz that's a priority...
•Let's not interfere with the Time Line... but hey, let's tell Scotty what he's screwed up on in his Transporter equations.
•If Nero has traveled back in time... why not, I don't know... WARN the Romulans. I mean... seeing as he's hell bent on changing the time line and getting his revenge... maybe saving his wife and people and planet would be a great place to start.
•Why are they skydiving down to the rig? Why not just shoot the chain that's suspending the drill above the planet... or I don't know, remotely fly the shuttle into it?
•If a drop of red matter is enough to collapse a star, why do you even need to drill a hole to the planets core for it to work? is it heat activated?

And seeing as Spock Prime can and has calculated the velocity for Time Travel in his head aboard a Klingon death trap... how is it that he can't just go back in time and attempt to save Romulus again?
and that's just ST 2009

It's not just bad Trek. It's bad science fiction. It's bad story telling. It's just... bad

Into Darkness is even worse

It's catchy visuals used to hide an appallingly bad script. And it kills me that people eat this $&#* up.

Twilight - These were just painful.
The second Jurassic park - It didn't tie into the first one very well, and while the velociraptors were amazing in the first JP, they seemed kinda fake in this one.
Frozen was okaaaaay, IMO the plot wasn't that great and some of the lyrics were overly silly, but it is just a kids movie.

Except for these three I've generally enjoyed every movie I've watched.

~Evaar'la

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back