Movies you hate that everyone else likes

THANK YOU. A kindred spirit! :lol

Although I won't go so far as to day I didn't like it I was very underwhelmed. I didn't see most of the films leading up to it and I shouldn't have to. Movies like this should be able to stand on their own and on it's own merits I thought it was pretty regular.

Dumbest plot element of Avengers; If you are a superior being that wants to take over the whole world, then why the most ridiculous, unintelligent battle strategy? Hey, let's drop through a hole in the sky and randomly pound New York City.

I mean, there was no plan! You would think he would do SOMETHING intelligent strategically, maybe positioning troops around the world like in Independence Day, or employ a deception of good will until they were in place and then strike to take over multiple targets all over the world.

How is blowing up some buildings in New York a good plan for taking over the world? On top of that they are fighting a few people that can't be hurt or killed. You say, "But wait! Look at Ironman! He is just a normal guy inside that suit!" Yes, but that normal guy would have been easily killed even inside that suit in real life had he been subjected to the kinds of forces depicted in this film. Thus, he cannot be hurt or killed because his character was written that way, thus, no real drama.

An unacceptably juvenile battle plan against beings that cannot be defeated. I'm sorry, that's a pretty boring movie.

Dumbest plot element of Avengers; If you are a superior being that wants to take over the whole world, then why the most ridiculous, unintelligent battle strategy?
That's a good question and this hypothesis might have the answer to that. That article may not change your opinion about the movie, but it provides a good reason to the shortcomings you mentioned.

I like Hot Shots 1 and 2, the Naked Gun movies, Woody Allen's comedies, and Mel Brooks's comedy movies, but I loathe virtually every other comedy movie in existence.

There's also only a small handful of horror movies I like, most of which I regard as psychological thrillers, instead of horror. Chances are, if you name any horror movie, I don't like it at all.

I don't like the Lord of the Rings, but I do like The Hobbit.

I don't like TDK or TDKR, but I do like Batman Begins.

I don't like any Marvel-controlled movies, except the Iron Man franchise. Didn't like Avengers, Thor, Captain America, or Incredible Hulk.

Don't like Tron or Tron: Legacy.

Didn't like Pacific Rim.
Didn't like Hellboy 2, but I love Hellboy 1.

It would be easier to compile a massive list of all major theatrical releases from the last 40 years (I'm only 26, but my tastes go back at least that far), and I can tick off which ones I've seen and give a simple rating of Like or Didn't like. The vast majority will be Didn't Like.
In general, I dislike most movies and music. The ones I like, I actually love.

Also, I don't mean to necropost, but this thread has an ever-present relevance, since movies are non-stop.

Did I mention, "Punch drunk love?"

Well, if I did; I hate it enough to mention it twice!! Believe it or not, I have bumped into people who actually like it. Which pretty much makes me instantly dislike them...not really. Okay, a little. :p

I hate -- on principle -- the crappy branded properties that keep popping up.

Like, the G.I. Joe movies. These are *******y movies masquerading as "Oh, just good popcorn fun." If you changed the names, they'd just be *******y movies that nobody would like. But because they have guys named "Duke" and "Hawk" and whatnot, people give them a pass.

I hate -- on principle -- the crappy branded properties that keep popping up.

Like, the G.I. Joe movies. These are *******y movies masquerading as "Oh, just good popcorn fun." If you changed the names, they'd just be *******y movies that nobody would like. But because they have guys named "Duke" and "Hawk" and whatnot, people give them a pass.

The Transformers movies are the same. You could have just as easily slapped Gobot names on them (which oddly hasbro also owns now) and people would have forgotten easily. Mind you there are a ton of haters of the movies out there.

The Transformers movies are the same. You could have just as easily slapped Gobot names on them (which oddly hasbro also owns now) and people would have forgotten easily. Mind you there are a ton of haters of the movies out there.

Oh, I know. I addressed them earlier in the thread. I hate them, too.

I already know i'll probably not like Robocop or the new ninja turtles. Avatar is one i can't like even though it's gorgeous and i love the designs they did.

I probably already mentioned Drive, but I'll mention it again. Ack.

I don't hate Spaceballs, but I can't understand all the love for it. It was a tired, uninspired parody that was way past being timely. Mel Brooks went off the rails sometime after Blazing Saddles.

...I don't hate Spaceballs, but I can't understand all the love for it. It was a tired, uninspired parody that was way past being timely. Mel Brooks went off the rails sometime after Blazing Saddles.
The problem is that Mel Brooks is good at writing a basic script, but he needs someone like Gene Wilder or Richard Pryor (who both approached humor from a perspective that was very different from Brooks') to punch it up.

I don't like to offend other people's possible interests but the worst movie I've ever seen in my opinion was Armageddon.

I believe my review of the movie at the time was: "The crew sent up to save Earth shouldn't have been worried about the giant meteor. Their attention rather should have been on the giant piece of s*** that hit the script."

Also wanted to light myself on fire during The Full Monty, Momma Mia and Chicago. All movies forced to watch with other people.

Again, sorry if this offends anyone.

:popcorn
Jon

I don't like to offend other people's possible interests but the worst movie I've ever seen in my opinion was Armageddon.

I believe my review of the movie at the time was: "The crew sent up to save Earth shouldn't have been worried about the giant meteor. Their attention rather should have been on the giant piece of s*** that hit the script."

Also wanted to light myself on fire during The Full Monty, Momma Mia and Chicago. All movies forced to watch with other people.

Again, sorry if this offends anyone.

:popcorn
Jon
You thought Armageddon was worse than The Full Monty, Momma Mia, and Chicago??? :behave

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back