Mortal Kombat MK9 Scorpion/Subzero/Noob and Smoke masks Updated 9/25/11

Re: Scorpion and Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe masks first post.

That is pretty awesome you have there.

Thanks Virusquake for me and my son's masks!

73466_172776036072348_100000198584201_651336_6550898_n.jpg

73282_172776722738946_100000198584201_651339_7096122_n.jpg

tadams I love it, nice photos. Your blue is a little on the light side, but it blends in with the semi-blue tunic.

tadams I love it, nice photos. Your blue is a little on the light side, but it blends in with the semi-blue tunic.

I had to go with that light blue due to the tunic color which was done by someone who didn't match the colors right. Oh well....thanks QV!

Wow those MK ninja/Lin Kuei masks are awesome

I had to go with that light blue due to the tunic color which was done by someone who didn't match the colors right. Oh well....thanks QV!

Yikes!! I had no idea I had comments on this thread. Tadams your very welcome. again..yall's costumes look amazing.

Wow those MK ninja/Lin Kuei masks are awesome

Thank You kind Sir!:)

I'm digging this thread up from the grave. I'll be updating the first post with some new SubZero and Scorpion mask pics. I have Noob finished, once I add the lining, I'll put pics of it up too

side-note: I made a Ermac-ish mask for my son by modifying an extra subzero mask i had around. I'll be posting pics up of it too because well.. it's cute.:)

Re: Scorpion and Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe masks first post. Updated 9/18/

First post updated!

Re: Scorpion and Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe masks first post. Updated 9/18/

It is perfect! Nice pictures.

Thanks!

I've had this printed out for a few months now and just now got around to putting it together. The pdo came from Vagabond:thumbsup. Progress pics to come. Any questions please ask!

IMG_20110919_175830-1.jpg

IMG_20110919_175816-1.jpg

IMG_20110919_175824-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe Scorpion/Subzero/Noob and Smoke masks Updated 9/19/

Small update. Did things a little different that I normally do(fiberglass then bondo). I slushed 2 coats of Smooth-Cast 65d (formerly Smooth-Cast Roto) on the inside and outside outside. It's a little messy but ,hands down, better that glassing them. I spent about an hour sanding this evening and here we are. I still have some more sanding todo. then I'll fill the low spots with bondo.

I'm tossing the idea around in my head about doing the whole costume with sintra, much like my Ironman armor I made, but with cloth, sintra and a ton of pop rivets:lol.

Here's a reference I found on google
Smoke-character-render-Mortal-Kombat-2011-MK-9.jpg

The Mask

Inside coated with smooth-cast 65d
IMG_20110920_175006-1.jpg

IMG_20110920_175017-1.jpg

IMG_20110920_175022-1.jpg

IMG_20110920_175028-1.jpg

:thumbsup

Thanks!

I've had this printed out for a few months now and just now got around to putting it together. The pdo came from Vagabond:thumbsup. Progress pics to come. Any questions please ask!

IMG_20110919_175830-1.jpg

i need to get me one of these can you help me

i need to get me one of these can you help me

Sure can! Pm me your email and I can get you the pep file no prob. If your looking to buy a finished one one I'm done. I will molding this one along with another mask or two in a week or so and they will be F/S in the junkyard along with the other MK masks I make.

Re: Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe Scorpion/Subzero/Noob and Smoke masks Updated 9/19/

these llok great..i was wondering on the rebound you used...did you add any thickener to it??

The scorpion mask is sic! nice work bro

Thanks!:)

these llok great..i was wondering on the rebound you used...did you add any thickener to it??

I added Thi-Vex after the first few coats of strait up Rebound 25 were applied. It's best to add it after the first couple coats as those first coats are what captures the details in whatever your molding. Careful with the Thi-Vex it doesn't take much to over do it, a few drops goes along way.

Finished with the Smoke mask! Updated pics in First post. I'll be molding again next week will post progress pics of the process. Thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back