Mortal Kombat 3 Ninjas

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

nbehling

I have always wanted to build a Mortal Kombat group costume. A few charactors are pretty easy (Johnny Cage, etc) but others are very difficult (GORO). Then I had the idea to do all the ninjas from Mortal Kombat 3 ultimate. Their designs are simple clean lines and are just color swaps.

Im starting with the Klassics like Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Reptile. I would eventually like to do all seven once my patterns are completed.
I took a couple of liberties with the mask and hood. I know thats not completely accurate. I just like the look better.

7F566331-628A-45CA-BF3B-2920B54E2993.JPG IMG_7541.JPG IMG_7717.JPG IMG_7948.JPG IMG_7959.JPG IMG_7970.JPG IMG_7971.JPG

The shinpad shading was just a test. I want to distress the blue somehow. I am just not set on exactly how.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

nbehling

I have made some progress in the last few weeks. I am no longer spray painting the suits. I am using a ripstop fabric over foam. I like the direction that it is going but would really like to here your opinions. Should I try and cel shade the vest or leave it plain?
IMG_0362.JPG IMG_0363.JPG

Cieszlak

To be honest, when I read the title I thought you were referring to the 3 Ninjas movies from the 90's and giving them Mortal Kombat attire

nbehling

To be honest, when I read the title I thought you were referring to the 3 Ninjas movies from the 90's and giving them Mortal Kombat attire
Oh OOPs!
I could totally see how it could be read like that. I need to think of a better title!

Also. I started working on scorpion (thats a skeletor head on there for now). I attempted some cel-shading and I am not happy with how it looks. I am going to keep practicing before I move onto the real thing.
IMG_9083.JPG 6024D9EB-9D74-4755-BBCA-8EFC340B28E2.JPG IMG_9066.JPG IMG_9071.JPG

nbehling

Well I have am now making 4 Ninjas. Scorpion, subzero, ermac, and reptile. I went from painted eva foam to Thing upholstery foam w ripstop fabric. The coolest part is....NOW THEY LIGHT UP. I used a USB strip light that has microphone inputs to dance with the sound (videos to come).
For now here is a few photos of the progress.
IMG_8750.JPG IMG_8757.JPG IMG_8777.JPG IMG_8816.JPG lightup.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.