More Sith Shenanigans, base suit complete

moose

So I decided that now would be as good a time as any to rebuild my sith armor, considering if I start now I won't be in any sort of hurry, which will make things turn out that much better in the end.

I started by mocking up an undersuit out of 2mm foamies. The first time around I just glued the armor pieces to a black swimming rash guard...that didn't work out so well. Undersuit of foam should fix that right up. I took an undershirt and laid it on the floor to use as a template, and some time later ended up with this
DSC_0283.jpg

I call it the Amazing Iron Spiderman suit. With a touch of the ol' crusader showing through. Anyway...

Here's the back
DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

Sorry for the wonky pics. I'm gonna end up leaving that back open and using straps and buckles for ease of access. Need to glue it all together and trim a bit, and I suppose that will be good to go.

Next, I realized I needed a neck seal. I turned to Ironman here, and used robo's neck edited by Stealth for foam. This is where I am now
DSC_0282.jpg

I'll be transferring that to foamies for the rest of the night, and hopefully I'll get it all cut out and ready to be assembled. (omg I hate pep)

If you're interested, stay tuned! I've already got my foam for the rest of the armor, so as long as I can force myself to keep working on it, it should progress at a fairly constant pace.

Also, just so you're aware, I happen to be wearing the very same star wars shirt I was wearing when I made my last thread. Odd how things work out that way...

Last edited:
Re: More Sith Shenanigans, armor build up

Moose, buddy, I am wondering here - Which Sith Armor are you revamping there? It´s just that I´m not figuring that out now, but apart from that, Way to go! 2mm foamies are great for these beginnings, I hadn´t thought of those before. I think that once I make another armor (not this Iron Man´s, another one), I´ll definitely get the undersuit with foamies backing, like you, it´s extremely helpful! :) Thanks for the idea! :)

Hey man, no problem! I'm glad my ideas can be used by someone else :D

As for the origin of the armor, it's what the sith warriors wear in many of the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailers, looks like this
Sith_Acolyte_Full_length_large.jpg

Hm.... very interesting! I was approached to make one of the suits out of that game, if I recall correctly, Darth Malgus´s suit, and I always thouthg that this design was really becoming, as far as Star Wars goes :) I am not sure you need, but if you wish any help, regarding the technique I´ve used while making Doctor Doom´s, by all means, I`d be delighted to help out! :)

Ahhh, an accurate Malgus would be killer! and really, really hard! Thank you for the help offer, though! If I end up needing any advice, I'll find you. I saw your Doom, it blew me away :O

Say, from what part of Florida are you? I go there from time to time, and depending on the distance, I may end up helping you in person the next time I´m in the United States.

That´s pretty close to where I use to go. I am quite confident I will get to the Star Wars celebration, so we may meet up there, I´ll try to work the R2 Builders room again this year.

Ooo that's right, I absolutely want to get to celebration if at all possible. I'll definitely try to find you in that case!

On another note, brief update
DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

I'm going to kill myself :]

HAHAH right. i wish...if that was me i don't think i'd bother with this hot glue and foam stuff. then again, maybe i would. i seem to like hurting myself.

Can't wait to see this all done! Keep up the good work I can already tell it's going to be a good one!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, it might inspire me to dig mine out and remake some pieces.
I lost interest in mine after the game came out for some reason (I think I saw the game's release as a finish point for the costume and haven't looked at it since).

i have a nice big one on my thumb from when i was a kid. i suppose i learned my lesson then because i haven't hurt myself with the glue gun since.

on a more related note it seems like the front of the neck seal doesn't quite come far enough up my neck, so there's still a little skin showing between the mask and the seal. once i get the seal completely finished i'll have a look and see what i can do to remedy that. does anyone know where people usually split the seal so it can be put on and taken off?

also i think i'm going to ban myself from any sort of pep-related projects.

mmk, a wee update. neck seal is essentially complete...looks like garbage but hey, it was my first go at pep altogether so whatever :sick:sick:sick

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

like i mentioned before, the front bit doesn't rise quite high enough and my skin/neckbeard can be seen under the mask, so i'm gonna have to do something about that. also that thing is wonky and asymmetrical as hell. oh well :rolleyes

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back