Gojira72

So the new Moon Knight Costume is a thing of absolute beauty. In my desire to replicate it I have been trying to identify which fabric was used for a majority of the costume. I'm sure that the fabric was probably some highly custom printed fabric that might be a little hard for the public to obtain but I would love to be proven wrong. If anyone has an idea of what the fabric is or even what a good substitute was that would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Texture Close Up.PNG
    Texture Close Up.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 178
First thing that comes to mind is polyester with a linen texture
That would be the closest “real life” equivalent.
However the repeating patterns on the screen used costume unfortunately points towards a custom screen printed fabric.

That would be the closest “real life” equivalent.
However the repeating patterns on the screen used costume unfortunately points towards a custom screen printed fabric.
Yep, that's what I was thinking. Makes sense with the way most of the other MCU costumes were done.

On Disney plus they have quite the extensive documentary on Moon Knight and they talk quite a bit about the costume. That would be a great place to start.
Personally, I’m not a fan of the costume. They went out of their way to make it overly complicated. “Let’s see those cosplay geeks make THIS!”

On Disney plus they have quite the extensive documentary on Moon Knight and they talk quite a bit about the costume. That would be a great place to start.
Personally, I’m not a fan of the costume. They went out of their way to make it overly complicated. “Let’s see those cosplay geeks make THIS!”
Message to them....... Done ! ;)

2.png

This is a relatively inexpensive material that emulates the look of the screen used fabric close enough. Like most tentpole shows and movies the real material was custom made for the production. You can't just buy it off the rack.

This is a relatively inexpensive material that emulates the look of the screen used fabric close enough. Like most tentpole shows and movies the real material was custom made for the production. You can't just buy it off the rack.

This looks perfect, i have a spray gun so i could ultimately do some weathering to get it looking used, tysm for the link

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back