Moebius classic 1978 battlestar galactica build

All done!! I have not updated in a while but figured it would be nice to post the finished model. Pictures are taken with a Samsung Galaxy S4 so not the best in low light.

Already started the BSG75 from the 2003 reimagined series. New thread will be started with some pictures

Attachments

• 20181013_174038smaller.jpg
    20181013_174038smaller.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 303
  • 20181013_183216smaller.jpg
    20181013_183216smaller.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 20181013_183633smaller.jpg
    20181013_183633smaller.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 20181013_183711smaller.jpg
    20181013_183711smaller.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 20181013_183731smaller.jpg
    20181013_183731smaller.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 295
  • 20181013_183751smaller.jpg
    20181013_183751smaller.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 304
  • 20181013_183802smaller.jpg
    20181013_183802smaller.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 20181013_183811smaller.jpg
    20181013_183811smaller.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 20181013_183823smaller.jpg
    20181013_183823smaller.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 20181013_183957smaller.jpg
    20181013_183957smaller.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 20181013_183440smaller.jpg
    20181013_183440smaller.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 20181013_184207smaller.jpg
    20181013_184207smaller.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 20181013_184240smaller.jpg
    20181013_184240smaller.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 20181013_184249smaller.jpg
    20181013_184249smaller.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 298
  • 20181013_184313smaller.jpg
    20181013_184313smaller.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 328
Spectacular work brother! Another show winner :thumbsup despite the fuzzy image, those bays look just as you described and just as I imagined. You're killin' it man!!!
All done!! I have not updated in a while but figured it would be nice to post the finished model. Pictures are taken with a Samsung Galaxy S4 so not the best in low light.

Already started the BSG75 from the 2003 reimagined series. New thread will be started with some pictures

Thanks for the kind words!! It was a fun build. I'm currently building the BS75 Galactica and the Pegasus will follow from the 2003 series. What is next on your list?

Spectacular work brother! Another show winner :thumbsup despite the fuzzy image, those bays look just as you described and just as I imagined. You're killin' it man!!!

Well, I took a break from the kitchen table to assemble a storm trooper outfit. It's been a challenge, about half of the halves don't line up for crap so extensive mods are required. I'm almost there though. trying to get it done by Halloween. I'm planning on a fog machine in the garage, lights off, and a couple of red spots on the floor to illuminate the fog, and play some Empire music on the garage sound system and hand out candy. Should be hoot and I'm sure a photo fest with the kids...and maybe some single moms (y)lol
Anyway, next on the doc is the PG Falcon. I've got a few Shapeways upgrade pieces, including 308 bits add-on ESB front landing gear. This one should be epic and loads of fun to build. it will replace my heavy modded MPC Falcon that's in my Hoth diorama. After that, who knows...I got a closet full including a 1/6 B9 robot for Lost in Space, I got the lighting and sound kit for it that cost more than the Robot! Also a 1/48 Jupiter 2. So I got plenty to keep me busy for a while. I'm taking the Hoth dio and probably the ISD to a show/contest on the 3rd, wish me luck! :thumbsup
Thanks for the kind words!! It was a fun build. I'm currently building the BS75 Galactica and the Pegasus will follow from the 2003 series. What is next on your list?

The kids are going to love the costume and the effects you are planning. Your house will be the talk of the block and definitely a hit with the moms!!

I know what you mean about having so many kits and if you will ever get to them.

If you want to add sound to your models I found these sound boards to be very easy to install and the quality is excellent. It has a speaker output and also 3.5mm jack to connect to an external amp/speaker. It also uses a Micro SD card so you can put as many tracks/effects as you want on it. Can be wired with 4 momentary switches to operate or can be connected to an RF switch and be operated by a remote. The card can be programmed to operate in several different playing modes.

https://electronics123.odoo.com/sho...w-amplifier-and-solder-pads-8222?category=322

I have bought several of these and one is currently in the BSG Galactica build I just did . I have ripped 10 of the original episodes into mp3 tracks and can play them while the ship is lit all operated from one remote. I included 2 different intro themes from the show. I also plan to mix up some clips of the show with some of the famous lines and scenes that will be included with the 10 episodes.

I plan on using these sound boards going forward in my lighted models. It was $20 for the board and I bought (10) SanDisk 16GB Micro SD cards from Amazon for $44. That's $24 for unlimited sound and the sound quality is fantastic.

Well, I took a break from the kitchen table to assemble a storm trooper outfit. It's been a challenge, about half of the halves don't line up for crap so extensive mods are required. I'm almost there though. trying to get it done by Halloween. I'm planning on a fog machine in the garage, lights off, and a couple of red spots on the floor to illuminate the fog, and play some Empire music on the garage sound system and hand out candy. Should be hoot and I'm sure a photo fest with the kids...and maybe some single moms (y)lol
Anyway, next on the doc is the PG Falcon. I've got a few Shapeways upgrade pieces, including 308 bits add-on ESB front landing gear. This one should be epic and loads of fun to build. it will replace my heavy modded MPC Falcon that's in my Hoth diorama. After that, who knows...I got a closet full including a 1/6 B9 robot for Lost in Space, I got the lighting and sound kit for it that cost more than the Robot! Also a 1/48 Jupiter 2. So I got plenty to keep me busy for a while. I'm taking the Hoth dio and probably the ISD to a show/contest on the 3rd, wish me luck! :thumbsup

All that sounds awesome...I'd just have to learn how to use it...I'm technically challenged, but you already knew that :wacko:lol
The kids are going to love the costume and the effects you are planning. Your house will be the talk of the block and definitely a hit with the moms!!

I know what you mean about having so many kits and if you will ever get to them.

If you want to add sound to your models I found these sound boards to be very easy to install and the quality is excellent. It has a speaker output and also 3.5mm jack to connect to an external amp/speaker. It also uses a Micro SD card so you can put as many tracks/effects as you want on it. Can be wired with 4 momentary switches to operate or can be connected to an RF switch and be operated by a remote. The card can be programmed to operate in several different playing modes.

https://electronics123.odoo.com/sho...w-amplifier-and-solder-pads-8222?category=322

I have bought several of these and one is currently in the BSG Galactica build I just did . I have ripped 10 of the original episodes into mp3 tracks and can play them while the ship is lit all operated from one remote. I included 2 different intro themes from the show. I also plan to mix up some clips of the show with some of the famous lines and scenes that will be included with the 10 episodes.

I plan on using these sound boards going forward in my lighted models. It was $20 for the board and I bought (10) SanDisk 16GB Micro SD cards from Amazon for $44. That's $24 for unlimited sound and the sound quality is fantastic.

It's not that hard.

Download the manual from the site towards the bottom of the product page from the link

It shows you all the connections and how to put the files on the Micro SD card and how to name them and how to set the playing mode. The card takes between 8-24 volts so wire to 12 volt source. It has 3.5mm jack you connect to a computer speaker and it also has a speaker output you can directly wire to a speaker. Wire 4 momentary switches to the card. In my case I only need 2 which will be Play/Pause and Next. On your PC create a text file and name it read.cfg. In that file you put a number from 0 to 3 based on what configuration you want the card to be in. In my case I put a number 3 for Standard Mp3 key mode play. In front of each track name put 001 in font of first song and 002 for the next and so on. Copy the songs and read.cfg file to the Micro SD card and your done.

All that sounds awesome...I'd just have to learn how to use it...I'm technically challenged, but you already knew that :wacko:lol

LOL, not hard for you maybe, and not for Korban either. I'll take a look at that though. My builds could be so much more than they are if I can learn that stuff. I'm definitely going to HAVE to learn it when I get around to doing the Deago Falcon, it would be a shame, no a crime to build it with just a bunch of lighting and nothing else. Thanks brother, love ya' man :thumbsup
It's not that hard.

Download the manual from the site towards the bottom of the product page from the link

It shows you all the connections and how to put the files on the Micro SD card and how to name them and how to set the playing mode. The card takes between 8-24 volts so wire to 12 volt source. It has 3.5mm jack you connect to a computer speaker and it also has a speaker output you can directly wire to a speaker. Wire 4 momentary switches to the card. In my case I only need 2 which will be Play/Pause and Next. On your PC create a text file and name it read.cfg. In that file you put a number from 0 to 3 based on what configuration you want the card to be in. In my case I put a number 3 for Standard Mp3 key mode play. In front of each track name put 001 in font of first song and 002 for the next and so on. Copy the songs and read.cfg file to the Micro SD card and your done.

Thanks for the compliments!! I try to explain things so other builders can easily replicate and hopefully I can get info off of them and do the same. It makes posting on this forum a better experience and definitely shows in the final build

That's quite an impressive build as well as lots of great info in this thread!

This is awesome work, the end result looks worth the effort you put into it. I've never done any FO myself, but I have learned a lot from your great description about how to wire it up vs priming & painting. Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back