BattleStar Galactica Colonial Blaster S1 Build

So will there eventaully be a final metal version? Or will it just be a printed one? Either way it looks great so far. I sold my Matsuo awhile back and kinda regretted it.

I doubt I will make this a metal option it literally took years to R&D the Blade Runner Blaster and that run is still ongoing.

The 3D print is just a prototype, once the model is finalised I will be making moulds for casing :)

If it helps, here's some old PropWorx auction photos of stunt Miniseries and S1 blasters.

539.jpg540.jpg542.jpg545.jpg850.jpg

And what I assume is a screen-used prop from when Anovos was planning to make replicas.

battlestar-galactica-blaster-anovos.jpg

I also have these, posted here years ago by kcpstudio. He claimed to be in possession of both Miniseries and S1 props, which he copied for use in Blood & Chrome.

BSG Miniseries Shells.jpg BSG Season 1 Shells 2.jpg BSG Season 1 Shells 3.jpg BSG Season 1 Shells.jpg 477054_293746567381465_1307589254_o.jpg Final KCP SBS1.jpgKCP BSG SBS1.jpg

I'm insanely excited at the thought of somebody finally getting these right -- as much as I love my Matsuo S1, the obvious inaccuracies have always bugged me.

Last edited:
Hey Dave, I was curious what are your thoughts on the handle inserts that are one some of the props? Have you considered added those as an option to your design? Either way, I'm loving what you guys have put together and can't wait for your next update!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-12 215322.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-12 215322.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 31
  • 1496396_396562880480687_1097221914_o.jpg
    1496396_396562880480687_1097221914_o.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 38
Hey Dave, I was curious what are your thoughts on the handle inserts that are one some of the props? Have you considered added those as an option to your design? Either way, I'm loving what you guys have put together and can't wait for your next update!

The Smith & Wesson logo? I like it, I have been talking with Anders quite a bit on the design. We're going full on with the redesign to make it as close to the S1 blaster as we possibly can. I have quite a lot of reference now to work from. So we will likely go with the logo as default with possibly an option to have it without. In my research I found that they used the "Smith & Wesson Combat Grips" so now we have some really good info to model from.

and MAYBE even have a side loading option, the the airsoft had.

77aa6deae9cc469624d953c20cc98de1.png

The Smith & Wesson logo? I like it, I have been talking with Anders quite a bit on the design. We're going full on with the redesign to make it as close to the S1 blaster as we possibly can. I have quite a lot of reference now to work from. So we will likely go with the logo as default with possibly an option to have it without. In my research I found that they used the "Smith & Wesson Combat Grips" so now we have some really good info to model from.

and MAYBE even have a side loading option, the the airsoft had.

View attachment 1789362
Dave you are AWESOME!! I can't wait to see what your and Anders final verison will look like, but it's definitely going a great direction.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back