Moderator Help Please

franz bolo

Sr Member
I started a thread a while back about "How to spot a replica Graflex" I was searching for a thread I started and can't find it. What is the time limit for threads?

I don't think it was archived. It was about how to spot a replica Graflex, and had some really good info on different replica makers and such.

I tried to fin an answer but couldn't.

thanks

FB

Edited title - RPF Staff

Originally posted by franz bolo@Oct 1 2005, 12:56 PM
HELLO... are there no moderators here on this list that can answer this question.....

FB
[snapback]1087948[/snapback]​
Yes, there are a few, but we can't read every single thread. Also, demanding help is a bit caustic, no?

I'm not sure who edited the thread title, but this sounds more like a technical question. But to answer your question:

Q: What is the time limit for threads?
A: Depends what forum the post is in. In the main forum, it's about 3 months. From what I know, threads aren't archived unless it's requested, and the thread is archive-worthy.

Hoped that helped.

David

I think I asked a question, and didn't demand anything. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

I moderate at another forum and I guess I'm used to things happening a bit faster.

Thanks

FB

Originally posted by franz bolo@Oct 1 2005, 06:49 PM
I think I asked a question, and didn't demand anything. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

I moderate at another forum and I guess I'm used to things happening a bit faster.

Thanks

FB
[snapback]1088054[/snapback]​

Welcome to the RPF.

Originally posted by Gytheran+Oct 1 2005, 09:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gytheran @ Oct 1 2005, 09:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-franz bolo
@Oct 1 2005, 06:49 PM

Thanks

FB
[snapback]1088054[/snapback]​

Welcome to the RPF.
[snapback]1088106[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes, you'll have to forgive the moderators if they don't click in every single thread as quickly as you'd like. It looked like Franz gave about an hour before bumping his thread with HELLO..

Remember, these people volunteer their time. Work and family may keep the mods off the board for a few minutes everyday.

Sep 30 2005, 05:52 PM - First Post

October 1, 12:56 PM - Bump

An hour??

You need to go back to math class blufive.

The only reason I wanted to find my initial thread was to help out another thread that is going on in the Prop Forum.

It wasn't a self serving post at all, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't be glad to help out.

Anyway, on the board I moderate, we all volunteer also. We are honored to become moderators, and offer our services readily. We have families, jobs blah blah blah but we take pride in our forum and are there to help out. Like I said, I am used to things being done different.

FB

Of course mods are more than happy to help. The thing is, this was a technical question, not a prop topic, so I'm sure that contributed to the delay in reply. If it had been posted here in the Technical section, it may have gotten replied to quicker.

I'm sorry a 1-day delay was insufficient for you, but we try our best. Sometimes we reply to things in a matter of minutes--seconds even--it really depends on if a post is on the right forum at the right time. (notice with that last bump, I caught it in 8 minutes)

Sometimes posts fall through the cracks. While I'd love to sit here 24/7 and read every post at the same time, I just can't. (not that I don't try ;))

For me, the "HELLO... are there no moderators here on this list that can answer this question....." and the now-changed title in CAPS seemed like something you'd say to an idiot not understanding words coming from your mouth. :rolleyes but it looks like I took it the wrong way, and the CAPS and exclamations were suppose to be read in a "normal" tone. Sorry for that mistake.

Is your question answered adequately now? How else may I be of assistance? Feel free to PM me directly if you have any issues in the future.

David
[snapback]1088772[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back