MK9 Smoke Costume WIP *Finished pics pg 5*

SMOKE

I've made masks so it's about time I go all the way and make the full Smoke costume. Looks like ill be using the same technique I used on my Iron Man build, accept instead of trash cans I'm going to use sintra..and of course pop rivets and templates.

Here's a link for my MK9 mask build http://www.therpf.com/f9/mortal-kom...ero-noob-smoke-masks-updated-9-19-11-a-93221/

Here's a reference

Smoke-Alternate-Costume-Concept.jpg

Here's the mask as of 9/22/11 , I'll update the photo after paint tomorrow. since this pic was taken I've bondoed/smoothed it out and primed it.

IMG_20110920_175017-1.jpg

IMG_20110920_175022-1.jpg

IMG_20110920_175028-1.jpg

more pics to come. Painting tomorrow.

Questions, comments, feedback? All is welcome.

Jonathan

Last edited:
Re: MK9 Smoke Costume WIP

Did a paint up today, had a few mistakes, but it's only paint so it can be fixed. Thursday I should have my smooth on, at that point I'll mold and cast the mask. I should have a few extras in the JY if anyone needs one.

Here's the mask. Need to clean up the paint and minor blemishes before molding.

IMG_20110925_151351-1.jpg

Today I picked up a nice sized scrap piece of sintra from a local printshop I do some freelance design work for. I'll need more but it's enough for me to do the pauldrons and possibly a gauntlet or two.

I'm ready to get going on some templates. progress pics to come.:)

i like this look for smoke much better. cant wait to see more.
Im with you on this one.:thumbsup

Hey Fleefromme, I've lost my character model for Smoke with that photo you have, do you have the model that you could perhaps send over to me I would like to see about turning the armor into pep files.

I know what costume I'm going to do for myself in the future sometime if I can ever find the strength to do it. I used to be able to unfold a pep file in a matter of minutes now it takes me a couple days.

Made these just now out of Sintra. This is my first time working with this material and I'm still getting the hang of heating and shaping it.

Any tips on working with it would be awesome.:thumbsup

IMG_20110925_180007-1.jpg

Re: MK9 Smoke Costume WIP *Pauldrons Added

When working with sintra, what I do is draw out the design onto the board to begin with, then stick it in the oven to heat it up keeping a eye on it so it does'nt melt, then with it still hot I pull it out and cut the designs out with a exacto knife, puttinbg it back in the oven if I can't get it fully cut the first go around, then once the pieces are cut and cooled I will put them into the oven yet again to heat up all the pieces, pull them out get them into the right shape one on top of the other then with them held in place I run cold water over the put together parts to quickly harden the pieces.

Thanks bro! Very useful info in that post!(y)thumbsup

Working on Thigh plate templates now.

When working with sintra, what I do is draw out the design onto the board to begin with, then stick it in the oven to heat it up keeping a eye on it so it does'nt melt, then with it still hot I pull it out and cut the designs out with a exacto knife, puttinbg it back in the oven if I can't get it fully cut the first go around, then once the pieces are cut and cooled I will put them into the oven yet again to heat up all the pieces, pull them out get them into the right shape one on top of the other then with them held in place I run cold water over the put together parts to quickly harden the pieces.

I find that when working with sintra, it's like a cake. When you start to smell it, it's time for it to come out of the oven.

I find that when working with sintra, it's like a cake. When you start to smell it, it's time for it to come out of the oven.

Now that's what I call an analogy!:thumbsup

This is a great version of Smoke, I like it a lot

Keep going man!

Stealth!! It's been while man, hope you've been well bro. Im in this build till the bitter end (approximately halloween:lol)!

I can't lie man, that costume is Freakin' bad ass as hell!
It's like my new favorite of the MK ninjas.

Made some templates for the the thigh plates.
IMG_20110925_185858-1.jpg

I only had enough sintra todo one side. I'll have to get some more tomorrow.

IMG_20110925_192119-1.jpg

Question are you planning to use rivets along the edge of the armor if so I have a good amount of rivets I can send you. If not I'd love to know what you plan on doing for that detail.

Question are you planning to use rivets along the edge of the armor if so I have a good amount of rivets I can send you. If not I'd love to know what you plan on doing for that detail.
You know I do! Pop rivets and i know each other well..Lol what size are the ones you have?. Im wanting to use some small ones. I don't want them too big and "blingin".. if you have some small ones ill definitely put them to good use. You have my address right? as far as that groove that goes around the edge, I think I'm going to carefully dremel it in with the tiny drum sander after I get the pieces shaped the way I like.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

Well I don't have pop rivets I have rivets that are for leather they are called Rapid rivets, pretty small, but what you could do is drill a hole cut off a little bit of the oe side of the rivet then epoxy it to the hole.

Well I don't have pop rivets I have rivets that are for leather they are called Rapid rivets, pretty small, but what you could do is drill a hole cut off a little bit of the oe side of the rivet then epoxy it to the hole.

Those will work perfectly. They are the ones for leather right? I have the pliers to set those in to the sintra. Just would have to drill a hole. Send them my way bro!

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back