Adding smoke effect to Mortal Kombat mask

Sherrit

Hi all,

This may have been asked or covered before but thought I'd ask anyways.

Has anyone used a vape pen to add a "smoke" ability to masks. I'm thinking along the lines of someone making a Mortal Kombat Smoke mask that when worn a vape pen could be accessed to appear to "breath" smoke.

Thought it'd look cool, I'm sure there would be others ways to achieve this. I'm still very new to costume/prop making but currently working on a foam Noob Saibot mask when it dawned on me.

there's quite some people already used a modified vape for making their cosplay "smoke" . small battery air pump is used to push the smoke out .

Thanks, I'm still putting some touches onto the mask anyways so I'll take a look into it. Plenty of friends who have e-cigs (all preaching the vape nation :p) so I may be able to snag a spare one to look at and plan it out.

I saw a couple youtube videos of people showing the vape coming through their masks but it turned out they didn't have it built into the mask. Just took the vape and then blew it out for a pic or video.

Thanks for the help :)

Keep us updated on your results, I have a couple props that would benefit from this too.

Note that most convention centers are going to prohibit vaping and e-cigs, so you'll have to have a way to easily turn it on and off when going indoors and out.

personally , i prefer the smoke gadget to be somewhere else. mask might be too heavy with all the thing and battery in the mask . provided it fits that is.

p/s: to get an idea on how to make ur own. its not that hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of a lo-fi solution years ago but never put it to use but it was basically a small plastic water tank with a vented /screen top or piping where you could put small dry ice tables in and have the smoke pour out without the water sloshing around.

I thought of a lo-fi solution years ago but never put it to use but it was basically a small plastic water tank with a vented /screen top or piping where you could put small dry ice tables in and have the smoke pour out without the water sloshing around.

I thought of this one too a while back for a prop/mask but then after much thought, one can assume you should not have a carbon dioxide gas in close proximity to the air you breathe.
It's not going to go smoothly...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back