Mortal kombat X Scorpion

Sederus

Hello again RPF, haven't done anything for while now. I had predator foam build going on, but that didn't work out for various reasons and I also forgot to make updates about it. Now I'm doing Scorpion from Mortal Kombat X. Scorpion has been and still is my favorite character in fighting games.

I'm currently building mask from foam and it has been good so far, because I get to try different things and learn stuff. For example this is first time I'm using two different kinds of foam in one piece. I already have pants, leather, straps and some belts ready, so for most part it's just matter of assembling the pieces. Boots are still question mark for me.

Questions, suggestions, comments, etc is always welcome.

Deadline for this build would be first week of November, so I can wear it to local con.

For those who haven't played MK series and are not familiar with character here's couple pics;
mortal-kombat-x-scorpion-character.jpg

ScorpionMKXRender.png

Update;

Progress pic from mask, my hood is holding mask in place, because I haven't attached strap yet. I have couple choices for mesh, just figuring out which one is best for my build. I found rings for undershirt, they seemed to be right size and they were already black. They were meant for curtains, if I remember right.

20150907_002.jpg

I think only foam pieces for this build beside mask is Scorpions fancy looking kunai and some little things, like belt buckle. JF Customs has this pepakura for foam skull, so I might do that if i have enough belts/straps and time.

11376183_1637251096510148_562660059_n.jpg

Probably starting to do undershirt +collar/shoulder piece after foam pieces, because it seems to be most time consuming piece for this build.

Last edited:
Good start with the mask. The shapes look great. I could see the gauntlets also being a foam base, myself. Looking forward to seeing more.

Small update;

Started applying primer, still needs couple more coats and little sanding. Mask isn't perfect, but I'm happy with it.
Mesh is actually from plastic basket.
20150918_001.jpg 20150918_004.jpg
zoal; Idea of foam gauntlets covered in fabric did cross my mind :D

Attachments

• 20150918_004.jpg
    20150918_004.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 20150918_001.jpg
    20150918_001.jpg
    762.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
Update;

Started making "spear" as it is named in game and concept art.
First I started by making foam pieces and then making skeleton/support from piece of plastic and sanded down old pencil, because I'm afraid that foam won't keep the shape and start to bend. Chain was just laying around, so I decided to use that. I'm still thinking what to use for triangle piece connecting spear and chain and how to attach it to foam piece at the end.
20150920_002.jpg20150921_002.jpg20150921_007.jpg

I have also begun planning undershirt and belts/rings thing on chest. For collar/shoulders piece and hood I was thinking of cannibalizing my old hoodie, still not sure about it. I need to make final templates and see if I got enough fabric (I don't own sewing machine and I'm not pro when it comes to sewing by hand.).

Hello again!

Its been kinda hectic times since last update. i got distracted from project to try to do some Green Lantern rings and other stuff just to try them. Long story short, I ran out of time and in panic/ not enough time I was forced to cut too many corners while finishing this costume. Anyway despite costume missing most of details and I hate some parts that I needed to replace in panic (for example. didn't have time to finish undershirt / hood and replaced it with hoodie, leaving armbands out). In the end I still got opportunity to pose for photos and hear comments about costume. This is still the first costume that I finished and I learned much from doing this.

12233527_10205415765929337_841268817_n.jpg

I think this if good point to go on and improve.

Sederus out!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back