Mjolnir Avengers Build WIP

Chromate

Hello everybody,
I've been lurking this forum for a while and finally decided to start my own project.
Since I don't have any experience in modelling I figured Mjolnir would be a nice starting project since the geometry is quite straightforward.
I started drawing up the specs according to Efx hammer and Logans measurements http://www.therpf.com/f78/thor-dark-world-mj-lnir-replica-203010/index3.html
Since I have access to a lasercutter I decided to make the hammer in acrylic since my school has a lot of it.
I'll upload the lasercutting file if anyone wants it.

I didn't take any pictures at first, so the hammer is almost assembled.
IMG_0129.JPG
Only missing the endpieces and corners.
IMG_0131.JPG
I searched various threads for the correct engraving, hopefully this is it :).
IMG_0130.JPG
The credit for the endpiece engraving goes to Jason_ehl, I fixed the anchors in Illustrator before cutting it.
Link(http://www.therpf.com/f78/thors-movie-mjolnir-weaklings-final-product-pictures-added-129304/)
IMG_0132.JPG
The corners of the main body ready for glue, I messed the fourth one up, so I'll cut a new one tomorrow.
IMG_0133.JPG
The ridges on the underside was done with deep engraving, and the hole fits a M30 thread for mounting the handle.
IMG_0134.JPG
Hopefully the hammer will be done soon, although I don't have any deadline.
Thanks for reading :).

Very good indeed do you have the files for the hammer especially engraving on the end pieces either as an image or laser cutting files! Gonna make this out of steel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What can I open that file in .ai? Have you got it in anything else? I use autocad a lot of the time but that won't recognise it?

That's superb! I have started already with a few dimensions I found so it's part assembled! Will take some pics of my progress and start a thread! I seem to start working and get too involved to take progress pics! Like today I cut all the steel and then boom I had tacked half of it together!

Like I said I worked pretty quick and it was all tacked together, have been playing round with the handle at the moment, but it's coming on nicely also shortly after I had taken these I tried picking it up and caused a lovely burn on the palm of my hand! Bout an inch circle! Haha! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427055423.996459.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427055439.093970.jpg

Is there a direct link for the .ai files? (not one that host where it has tons of other links to things) :)

also how dod you get those beveled/angled pieces like that? on your laser cutter?

thanks!

Is there a direct link for the .ai files? (not one that host where it has tons of other links to things) :)
also how dod you get those beveled/angled pieces like that? on your laser cutter?
thanks!
No direct link, since I have to sign up for premium for that. Just click the small download button, the site is legit.
I used a table-mounted router with a 45 degree bit to make the angled pieces.

How large is the file? (I can probably host it for you)

the .dwg file seems to work (and be a different type of link).... but the .ai doesnt work.. no matter what links/icons I have tried on that site.

thanks!

Worked perfectly!

thanks!

What is the scale? Just open in .ai make sure its 100% and send to laser? (software/driver)

I hope mine turns out as good as your pics!

thanks again for the repost.

Worked perfectly!
thanks!
What is the scale? Just open in .ai make sure its 100% and send to laser? (software/driver)
I hope mine turns out as good as your pics!
thanks again for the repost.

If you're using 4mm material then it's 100% scale.
The black is deep engrave, which is about 1.5 to 2mm.
Things are a bit wonky on the endcaps, so the measurements might be wrong. I'll update the file when I figure it out 100%.

Thanks!

How did you do those angled/beveled pieces? Looks like it was rastered deeper and deep to get the cut angled for those pieces?

ahh..ok.

(I guess I can give it a shot on my mill!) :).. I have never tried to machine acrylic before.. (will be interesting)

do you have to be spinning pretty fast?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back