Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - Nuke remote trigger device

A small progress update:

I designed a new PCB which just arrived that is simpler but still fit into the case. Next is to test it works correctly with the LCD.

20190420_160207.jpg

20190420_160306.jpg

Sorry, I have not posted in a very long time. I am still working on the project, it just slow going :)

I now have the board tested and will be ordering the final version. I also made some more changes to the main case to make the board and everything fit correctly.

I am still hoping to find the key off the shelf somewhere but my searching has not found anything even close. I just seems so specific in design that it may actually exist. If you look you can see the rectualgar pins have a bevel in the center.

20200219_153428.jpg
20200219_153554.jpg
Remote Trigger Alt v110 v49.png
CropperCapture[321].png

Attachments

• 20200219_153428.jpg
    20200219_153428.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 20200219_153554.jpg
    20200219_153554.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 233
Sorry for not posting for so long. I got side tracked and build this (not a prop but movie inspired). I got some new PCBs for this project, a new 3d printer and I hope to continue now that my other project is done.

UJx49RR.jpg

Hello everyone!
I just started to build the same prop (variation) and this are my first results. My plan is to convert this prop into a gps synchronized alarm clock and a remote light switch for my phillips hue system.

For the electronics I am planning to use:

- ESP-WROOM-32U with external antenna
- Waveshare 2.4" LCD
- GPS for precise time
- some kind of buzzer for the alarm
- 18650 or 21700 battery for power

Here is my first rough (partly) finished cad assembly:
assembly_v1.png

Right now, I am still thinking about the buttons and their labeling. The preferred solution are custom casted buttons out of silicone with a widened base, whitch can be glued to the top cover plate and are supported by tactile buttons below.

I want to create the three cover plates out of 3 mm aluminium sheet metal and the body out of some sturdy pastic. My dream would be a cnc machined anodized body, but that is probalby a little bit too expensive.

Sorry for not posting for so long. I got side tracked and build this (not a prop but movie inspired). I got some new PCBs for this project, a new 3d printer and I hope to continue now that my other project is done.

View attachment 1552531
That’s what a laptop should look like.
OT…in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE…was the chrome feature over the destruct button off a refrigerator?

I like coverings over distruct switches…any compilation?

Has anyone attempted the whole actual bomb that goes with this remote?

I am find a LOT of discrepancies between various shots of the weapon in the Blu-ray.
The timer on the weapon is added using CGI.. Pretty sure of that. There are various shots of the 2x timers and they are entirely different.
I believe there are 2x timers on the main weapon.

Close shots show a plastic enclosure with an Acrylic/Plastic front cover. Kinda home made look.

Bigger/wider shots show simple ABS recessed lid enclosures which I think they may have overlaid graphics onto. Can't find those with the hinge on the end.

Been trying to scale the whole bomb and there are discrepancies there too. Not much info on this thing.
Don't want to hijack this thread, so once I get going, I will start my own thread.

Only got Tinkercad which I am somewhat pushing the limits of. REALLY awkward shape to work with this...

Attachments

• Clock.jpg
    Clock.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
  • B1.png
    B1.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
This Apem (if indeed, that is what it is) toggle switch cover is proving a pain to source.

It doesn't match any Apem toggle cover they currently make. Various screen shots show it to be a different shape at the end, and also there is no hole in the cover as a few previous images here have shown.

Apart from the mentally expensive ones I have found (that are not correct anyway), I am stumped. This might be a make from scratch thing

OK. The toggle switch cover in the movie is indeed an Apem part (red, bezel at each end and no hole in it). But not available through their usual sources and is now actually discontinued.
I contacted Apem and managed to get their last 6 they had for free samples. Excellent.

Remote is now nearly finished. I did start another thread, but I don't think anyone is following this at all, so I will stop the story here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back