Mint Graflex sells for $760.00 on Ebay!!!

You guys in the US are lucky to live where you do. Those suckers are far more rare over here in Europe as they are in the US, I think.

True, but EVERYTHING else, real parts Star Wars, is way more rare here in the U.S.

In my opinion, everything over 300 isn't okay to pay..but probably this is a rarity case, meanwhile? On the other side they're still common...every week a new one turns up on fleabay.:unsure

The other thing is, do I really need a mint one? No. A small amount of polish gives every little rusty points a new shine to it..

Since we're comparing price sizes: I got my Graflex for $175 shipped. I thought it was a bit much for something that wasn't "mint" at the time but :lol hey, better I got it then than now. But, mint doesn't really coincide with what I imagine to exist in the Star Wars universe, anyway.:p

Last edited:
I would certainly hope so ... I'd like to buy a fully dressed Yoda 4.0 from Cyberman for at least 2 completed Luke TFA lightsabers made with most found vintage parts and as full kits ... next year :wacko

Chaim

I think the accoutrement had some to do with it...not THAT much to do with it, but an extra $100-ish (just my opinion).

Also, I think it bares (sp?) repeating, for any Graflex shoppers, it would behoove you to read the entire Graflex Vs. Replica thread by scottjua, here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206&highlight=Scottjua+Graflex

Be very aware of what you are buying before committing to that "bid" click. And that is not to say that a replica has no value either. They are worth a bit too, but if you are looking for a genuine one, it will really help to be aware of the tell-tale differences.

I remember this graflex thread! Nice to see all the differences - but did we ever determine which variations appeared in ANH and ESB?

I remember this graflex thread! Nice to see all the differences - but did we ever determine which variations appeared in ANH and ESB?

Well, it is hard to say because only one of them shows the stamping on the bottom, thanks to the wonders of BluRay HD. And that is the close up of the bottom of Luke's ESB saber stuck in the snow inside the wampa cave. That one is a Folmer New York (which is the Folmer variation without the patent number). As far as what I have gathered, all but perhaps one of the Graflexes onscreen in the OT are the LK variation red button. There is one stunt possibly with the Short Knurl red button...

Beyond that, in the OT, it is really pretty difficult to see any of the tells up close and clearly... I mean, did they use screws or rivets??? HAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Also switching of the number of red buttons, a glass eye shows up on Dagobah (or at least a red button is missing there).

Always seems to be the 5000+ feedback people who place the crazy high bids. Ebay really pisses me off sometimes.

That's interesting. Do Graflexes ever go for more than MPP's in Europe?
I rarely ever check. But I never see any Graflex auctions over here, nor any MPP ones. All I have is a Heiland which I converted up to MPP specs. But I bought that via ebay in the US over a decade ago.

I hope the person that bought it is a camera collector and not going to turn it into a light saber. I have no problem with people doing so but considering the mint condition, it's a remarkable piece.

This one sold for more than the last MPP that I saw sell.
And although barely used, this one still had some blemishes (which the seller was stand-up enough to point out)...which is why I say the extra pieces (box, etc.) added a bit to the entire package.

In Europe there was a converted GRAFLEX (old converted GRAFLEX, everything was wrong) yesterday which was around 112€ (125$) until 10 minutes before the ending. It raised up to 470€ (525$) plus shipping...

Everyone be AWARE! The item 131505889652 on eBay is not a genuine GRAFLEX!

Watch out posting direct info to live auctions...

...although, now that you mention it, I have had correspondence with the seller several times since he posted this and I told him why I suspected it was a replica. It's actually what prompted me to post the scottjua thread up there.
The seller assures me that this is authentic. I pointed out the bunny ears rivet being a screw and asked for better photos, which he did respond and post several in much better lighting, but no photo of the screw.

Through speaking with him, I don't have any reason to believe that he is intentionally misleading anyone though. I think he believes that it really is authentic.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back