Mint Graflex sells for $760.00 on Ebay!!!

Well, it could be a different saber other than Vader's, but I think JJ is a little smarter than the naysayers give him credit for. I think... I probably shouldn't say what I think. Maybe Abrams and Kennedy are really more blaster kind of folks than they are saber kind of folks.

OR a rumored dream sequence/flashback with Vader somehow.

They brought back Luke's saber, just 'cause. They brought back Vader's helmet, just 'cause. They brought back Stormtroopers and Tie Fighters, just 'cause. They brought back Star Destroyers and the Empire, just 'cause.

They'll bring it all back just 'cause.
True, true. Let's be careful not to jinx them bringing back Jar-Jar or an equally talented offspring.

Not that I'm aware of. Hush, hush and all that,
Okay, so exactly at what point was it "determined" by this person to the public about the Graflex being in TFA at a time way before the release of the second trailer when he was simultaneously in a nondisclosure agreement during this very time--a condition that is necessary to account for the lack of early dissemination but at the cost of it being a detriment to confirmation?

I don't mean to be argumentative. I'm merely probing the validity of a claim.

Okay, so exactly at what point was it "determined" by this person to the public about the Graflex being in TFA at a time way before the release of the second trailer when he was simultaneously in a nondisclosure agreement during this very time--a condition that is necessary to account for the lack of early dissemination but at the cost of it being a detriment to confirmation?

I don't mean to be argumentative. I'm merely probing the validity of a claim.

It's been known for some time that 3cell supplied the production team with vintage flash guns.

Wow...Graflex prices on a couple more closed auctions is telling...

The 760.00 one mentioned already and two others that sold around the same time...one at 500.00 and one at 396.99.

Insane!

I believe I paid 175.00 for my first one and probably 100.00-125.00 for my second one. (I had to buy the second one piece meal...so it cost a littler more hunting down pieces.)

I am just glad that I got them before the replicas started getting made....I did not have to deal with the "is it real or is it not" scenario,

One sad thing for the buyer of the $760.00....my two are just as mint. (Granted I don't have the box and all but I would have ended up just throwing it in storage or something.)

superman.jpg
Now Jimmy, I suggest you let go of the camera and let me take that flash handle or I will rip your head off with my other bare hand.

It's insane to pay that price but if you've got that kind of money to throw around then it's not going to matter I guess.

Hi everyone!! I've lurked on this board for over a decade and actually just officially joined last week. I suppose it is a fitting first post to say that I am the proud owner of this much talked about Graflex. I actually own a number of Graflexes, but purchased this one for a specific reason. I have been working for a number of months on creating what I believe will be the most accurate Graflex replica to date. I specifically purchased this item because of its perfect condition which will ensure the most accurate reproduction possible.

Also, as a side note, I bid with less than 10 seconds remaining and the price was already at $740.

-Graflex Guy

looks like replicas for me, here on out!

Eh . . . there is another . . . G R A F L E X saber maker . . . who revealed himself . . . just now :)

Welcome aboard Graflex Guy ... looking forward to your work in progress ... you should be
all set before December 18th, that's when all h*ll breaks loose, in regards to a G R A F L E X
replica lightsaber ... not to mention the real vintage ones ... muahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Chaim

I need at least 1 more real clamp and bottom.... These prices are crazy.

If the movie doesn't live up, and comes off as PTish in quality... THAT would be the only way these prices will ever go down...

Man, I really dropped the ball a bit in the last 10 years...

After picking up my first, I let a few pass me by.

I only NEEDED one... RIGHT?

Well... 1 and a half I guess...

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! I've lurked on this board for over a decade and actually just officially joined last week. I suppose it is a fitting first post to say that I am the proud owner of this much talked about Graflex. I actually own a number of Graflexes, but purchased this one for a specific reason. I have been working for a number of months on creating what I believe will be the most accurate Graflex replica to date. I specifically purchased this item because of its perfect condition which will ensure the most accurate reproduction possible.

Also, as a side note, I bid with less than 10 seconds remaining and the price was already at $740.

-Graflex Guy

Dude...if that was the case, I would have let you borrow one of my mint Graflex's for $200.00, send it back to me after you made the replicas along with two of your replicas as final payment for using my Graflex and I think you would have still come out ahead. ;)

Seriously....how much more accurate will your replica be with the super mint one you have? It would not be due to measurements. Is it due to the metal finish of the one you purchased? I assume that is the reason? You will be able to offer a "fresh out of the box" look due to having the ability to replicate a mint finish? (The finish is superb, by the way.)

How much are you looking at charging? Don't say 760.00 each. LOL!

I always thought there'd be more time...but there wasn't. There never is.

*wipes away tear while looking at lone Graflex

I'll trade you six 2-cell bottoms for your one 5-cell bottom! BOOM! No more tears! ! :lol

EDIT

OH... "lone" Graflex... I read "long" Graflex.

Never mind... Move along. Move along. ;)

Last edited:
I would love to hear some remote pricing for the now 3 makers of new replica graflexes...

I can't imagine the amount of tooling and fabrication involved to get it "right".

The look and feel of the original machining/pulling/turning... not to mention finish... of an original has never been 100% replicated IMHO.

I've seen and held them all.

This could get interesting if any of you succeed!

People WILL be aging them and selling them though...

Basically, as cool as all this is... PLEASE USE LOTS OF TELLS!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back