Millennium Falcon Alternative Early Concept Version

Looking at the pictures, I can tell you that my wife would not be excited about such a "thing" in our living room - she is already shaking her head about the necklace from Fate of Atlantis :-D

Thank you very much for your comments guys

Here's a last photo of her with just primer on her,....I've painted her with base coat now,....my son took this photo

IMG_3866.JPG

Thanks for your support
John

The 1st pic. Definitely the most iconic. Maybe move some of the red panels so to not emulate the falcon pattern.....
???.. just an idea.

I say a combination of #1 and #3. #1 looks like what I imagine 1976 ILMers coming up with, but consider adding #3's side red striping. The jawbox red striped might be a bit too much, but the side stripes evoke the paint job of the Blockade Runner and we know that was the first iteration of the Falcon, so it's a bit of an homage.

I like the first one if, like jake88 said, move the paneling around to differentiate from the Falcon's.
If you go with the red striping in the last photo maybe tone the vibrancy way down to look more faded and weathered.

I'm partial to the first pic: classic Falcon look.
If you're considering "in universe" thinking at all, red was used a lot to designate diplomatic/consular ships (Tantive IV, Radiant VII).

I'm partial to the first pic: classic Falcon look.
If you're considering "in universe" thinking at all, red was used a lot to designate diplomatic/consular ships (Tantive IV, Radiant VII).

Think that red was just a Republic colour, Republic Attack Crusier (Republic Star Destroyer)

Also non diplomatic warships were the X-Wing squadron

J

Think that red was just a Republic colour, Republic Attack Crusier (Republic Star Destroyer)

Also non diplomatic warships were the X-Wing squadron

J

I do remember reading in a 'making of' article or book that the Radiant and the Chancellor's ship seen at the end of Ep1 were painted red to denote they were specifically diplomatic or consular ships -- at least in those two cases. The Tantive was not red because it was from the royal house of Alderaan.

Red colouring of crafts are all over the place, A Wings, X-Wings, red stripes on the Falcon, Slave 1, Republic Star Destroyers, Red Jammer Y-Wing, The Blockade Runner, Obi Wan’s starfighter

Perhaps if the ship’s MAIN colour is red with white minority,...that denotes diplomatic status

John

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back