Millennium Falcon Alternative Early Concept Version

Jaitea

Master Member

Jaitea

Master Member
As usual sir...excellent and inspiring work!
Thank you so much Capn’....a lot of fun on this

Hi all....I had a decision to make for the cockpit, it was a bit large on the original sketch....& after Jason Eaton’s comment on page one, that it was likely the concept drawing of this ship was done after the pirate ship was built (later repurposed as the Blockade Runner), so I’ve done a cast of the PG Falcon’s cockpit cone & adjusted the way it attaches to the ship....work goes on

4F9E83C7-CC54-474A-ADD2-BED75ACAE9E7.jpeg
D56A4782-DFB4-4FBD-8C24-23AC385DC3EA.jpeg
327B9EE1-1EAC-468B-A4AE-CFE91957792B.jpeg
F747F6C2-87E0-4406-AC70-4B937B0AC038.jpeg
2005BA23-D612-4742-956E-5811F8B87BBB.jpeg


Thanks very much for checking in

John
 

Attachments

Jaitea

Master Member
I’ve been doing some more moulding & casting....I made multiple copies of a gun that Stinson Lenz sent me for my Ralph McQuarrie Concept Falcon..which is still ongoing....anyway this version of The Falcon is pretty heavily armed...all guns have small magnets on them....so they can swivel or be removed to let me paint the model....still the engines to work out....then hull plating


92130090_2628994850655866_7335626506015604736_n.jpg
92018524_2628994983989186_6470179965827547136_n.jpg
92458156_2628994900655861_3360129146758889472_n.jpg
92721464_2628995060655845_766392710167789568_n.jpg
92715693_2628994920655859_7879182405762809856_n.jpg
92016868_2628994943989190_6438330468340334592_n.jpg
92235363_2628994980655853_646832223785320448_n.jpg
92202217_2628994877322530_1461293855742623744_n.jpg
92242623_2628994960655855_593946478993473536_n.jpg


Bit of a change of subject,...back in 2012, I got involved in a group build on Scale Model Addict,....a Millennium Falcon group build,....I shared my progress here on Replica Prop Forum & Starship Modeller,......I started with a Revell Easykit,...modifying it a bit by adding a pointy nose protruding beyond the mandibles,....I dropped the idea opting for a MPC kit which was a bit bigger...& a lot more fun....It's a real coincidence that a sort of pointy Falcon design ended up being used in the Solo: A Star Wars Story,....I dug the model out the other day & did some mods to its engines

92121491_2628975603991124_4564138759070679040_o.jpg
92239001_2628977330657618_5431529055428018176_o.jpg
92817507_2628977313990953_5009814102193733632_o.jpg


IMG_1938.jpeg
IMG_1939.jpeg
IMG_1940.jpeg


Anyway.....sorry about that

Time to make models

Thanks for looking

John
 

Millenniumf

Active Member
Damn, dude... this Johnston Falcon project is inspiring!! You should totally try and get him to sign it when it's done, or at least the base!
 

Analyzer

Sr Member
I had to think for a second what you meant by torch, them I remembered your in the UK, so...flashlight for us "muricans" :lol:

It looks like a cool part for the engines. I love how this is like a new ship formed over the bones of the blockade runner
 

Jaitea

Master Member
I had to think for a second what you meant by torch, them I remembered your in the UK, so...flashlight for us "muricans" :lol:

It looks like a cool part for the engines. I love how this is like a new ship formed over the bones of the blockade runner
Ha...well why say a word with 2 syllables when a word with 1 will do

Thanks ,...yeah crazy the evolution of the concept

John
 

Jaitea

Master Member
Some engine work done...I cast part of my sons torch to use as the engines....I’ve done 3 of these so far....all are hollow...I rotated the mould as it cured...partially to save on materials & also to make them lighter as they were to be glued to the existing model...



Thanks for looking guys

John
DE2B8270-421C-4A4D-8FA3-0B621F00DAB4.jpeg
9D15C042-F5C6-40CF-B54D-03987D6763A3.jpeg
5A4F4F65-0199-45E6-9DDF-55F2DB2732F1.jpeg
F2E464D5-7A2B-4842-9D3F-64BEBBB9DC5C.jpeg
58AAD344-2D15-4EF6-AD93-2243D3C0FB98.jpeg
9C02ADEF-327E-4B73-B4B3-DAFA813E09A7.jpeg
8CAF5821-FA55-42B4-AE0A-5FDAB691AA02.jpeg
C68143B3-C493-4CB8-BAE7-BAC8591B4F0D.jpeg
3C5314BB-8786-4E9C-9B72-E591931713C1.jpeg
 

Jaitea

Master Member
My progress today on this project...got greeblies added to the engines,....thanks mainly to the Bandai Y-Wing kit....some pipework etc....still waiting for that square punch to come in the post, to cut out notches on the hull panels...they aren’t glued down yet...thanks for looking

A9273614-7B83-4D25-A68C-010F7F8C1B52.jpeg
0F77BD2F-22E2-45A6-A479-A7ED08F42F82.jpeg
A4BD50C9-E72D-444A-BD88-F7A98C51B179.jpeg
D67706DB-28B3-46B1-B55E-764C2A4CE524.jpeg
F0FDF178-0892-44BC-9F1A-38D22C69E406.jpeg

John
 
Top