Joe Johnston AT-AT concept comes to life

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI folks. Heres something i've wanted to do for a while now. Its the mega influential Joe Johnston concept AT-AT from way back in 1976.
At 1/16 scale, Im pretty sure this would have been the size if ILM had produced a miniature of this.
Ive loved this design since i first saw it and its influence is easy to see in the Sandcrawler as well as the AT-AT. Is about 27 inches long and built on a simple toy base which had roughly the same track design as the Joe's sketch. I will be making another one built onto a Pershing which is definitely the intended donor for this unused bit of hardware.
It's made from acrylic sheet, and kitbashed with anything i thought was applicable. I did try to keep most of the greeblies dated to that era, so there are quite a few shared with the screen used AT-AT's.
I hope you guys like it. Happy modelling everyone.
IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6573.jpeg

I saw this on your YT channel. A beautiful piece of one of my favourite Joe Johnston designs. I particularly liked how you didn't flood with a pin wash but used it in patches which gives it a much better sense of scale.

A master’s video of weathering technique. Freely given in incredible detail. Masking tape artwork. Many years experience to acquire no doubt. Listened carefully to your “gravity“ lesson on streaking.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back