Millennium Falcon Alternative Early Concept Version

justmarc

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking at the pictures, I can tell you that my wife would not be excited about such a "thing" in our living room - she is already shaking her head about the necklace from Fate of Atlantis :-D

justmarc

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Me, I would prefer the red one. But I am not deep enough in Star Wars to know if this is a plausible scheme.

Nicely colored, by the way..

Hunk a Junk

Sr Member
I say a combination of #1 and #3. #1 looks like what I imagine 1976 ILMers coming up with, but consider adding #3's side red striping. The jawbox red striped might be a bit too much, but the side stripes evoke the paint job of the Blockade Runner and we know that was the first iteration of the Falcon, so it's a bit of an homage.

David3

I like the first one if, like jake88 said, move the paneling around to differentiate from the Falcon's.
If you go with the red striping in the last photo maybe tone the vibrancy way down to look more faded and weathered.

superjedi

Sr Member
I'm partial to the first pic: classic Falcon look.
If you're considering "in universe" thinking at all, red was used a lot to designate diplomatic/consular ships (Tantive IV, Radiant VII).

Jaitea

Master Member
I'm partial to the first pic: classic Falcon look.
If you're considering "in universe" thinking at all, red was used a lot to designate diplomatic/consular ships (Tantive IV, Radiant VII).
Think that red was just a Republic colour, Republic Attack Crusier (Republic Star Destroyer)

Also non diplomatic warships were the X-Wing squadron

J

Hunk a Junk

Sr Member
Think that red was just a Republic colour, Republic Attack Crusier (Republic Star Destroyer)

Also non diplomatic warships were the X-Wing squadron

J
I do remember reading in a 'making of' article or book that the Radiant and the Chancellor's ship seen at the end of Ep1 were painted red to denote they were specifically diplomatic or consular ships -- at least in those two cases. The Tantive was not red because it was from the royal house of Alderaan.

Jaitea

Master Member
Red colouring of crafts are all over the place, A Wings, X-Wings, red stripes on the Falcon, Slave 1, Republic Star Destroyers, Red Jammer Y-Wing, The Blockade Runner, Obi Wan’s starfighter

Perhaps if the ship’s MAIN colour is red with white minority,...that denotes diplomatic status

John

Last edited: