Millenium Falcon prop guns

You need to consider that the full size set guns are a good deal different from the guns on the model. if you're trying to replicate the model there is a TON of great reference on the Falcon models on the internet... but also realize that the 5 foot and 32" falcons are different too... so you need to kind of pick which gun you want to replicate.

If you're going with the set - the Blu rays are the way to go... there is little reference that I've seen on the as built set guns...

Good Luck!

Jedi Dade

If you're going with the set - the Blu rays are the way to go... there is little reference that I've seen on the as built set guns...

Good Luck!

Jedi Dade
Thanks Jedi Dade. It's because there is little info on the set prop guns that I'm posting these images. These guns are the ones I'm going to use.

I have a theory about the reason the guns were built this way. Apologies if it's been mentioned before in this forum - I'm new. I've always wondered what was going on with the center-post on the prop.With in-universe practicality, it wouldn't work. I think I know why. The center-post (highlighted in orange) of the prop seems to go all the way down to the surface of the gun. The sketch designs don't. The gun couldn't pivot if it did. The reason I think this is for a lever and pivot to pass down the center-post so the gun can be pivoted up and down. Comparing the sketches with the set they appear to have moved a 'electronics box' from the end of the center-post to the back of the gun to hide this. This set-up, to me, justifies the way its made. Any opinions?

Another thing. Highlighted on the plan is a circular greeblie peice of the prop. That looks like the cap from a 44 Gallon oil drum, or something similar. My parents ran a service station (gas) when I was a kid and I realised that thing looked familiar.

Last edited:
attachment.php

this is what I got, by the way, photomatching images of the actual prop.

Attachments

• sideview.PNG
    sideview.PNG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,336
Thanks for the image Starkiller. I was about to ask you to explain how photomatching works due to the shorter dimentions than the model. But last week I did some more Google-searching and found this image http://http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/464104_550363141657668_1593085567_o.jpg of the Hope Falcon with the prop guns on top. After looking again at it closer and see you seem to be pretty right. So I'm off to do a shortened version of my diagram.

Last edited:
Found my first pic of the TFA Falcon guns the other day, so I thought I'd put up a a qick plan.
So for anyone who doesn't have an idea of what they look like these days here's one example.

I've had a long time off the Falcon, so to get back in the swing I decided to make a model of the Falcon's guns. It will give an idea how accurate the plan is. It is crude and simply made out of cardboard, paper and eight toothpicks.
lan%20-%2010%20bucket%20gun%20s%20hang_zpsbbmlzhs0.png

Also, I don't have a functioning printer at the moment so I drew a rough plan off the screen with dividers. There are proportional errors here and there due to that. This doesn't matter becuse this was just to show how well the plan works in three dimensions.
MF%20plan%20-%2010%20bucket%20gun%20su_zpssv8v1hdp.png

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to get some photos from similar angles to the moves so you can compare.
0plan%20-%2010%20bucket%20gun%20p%20pr_zpskc0nro6v.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back