Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

Hey Mottrex yeah agreed I've seen a ABC film head converted to a hammerstein style and there were some 1/9th scale maquettes around a few years ago.

It's testimony to the artwork I think that loonies like me (and others) are still obsessing over these robots so many years later :)

Hey Mottrex yeah agreed I've seen a ABC film head converted to a hammerstein style and there were some 1/9th scale maquettes around a few years ago.

It's testimony to the artwork I think that loonies like me (and others) are still obsessing over these robots so many years later :)
That artwork originally in Starlord magazine reminded me of the 50/60s Trigan Empire strip. I think it was testiment to Pat Mills bringing the whole ABC warriors team into collaboration with other iconic brit characters such as Nemesis, Flesh and of course JD himself.. I really loved the mega city visuals in 95 Dredd it started so well with Block wars then took a nose dive.. Rose for the Finks why kill them all off Drokk!.. Then down in flames.
Poor Rico deserved better but I digress..

I see the full size Film prop go on sale every once in a while, too big to keep is my guessing.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the original comic series too as well as the film prop. I do like the interpretation the artist made of the robot from the original series and what the fabricators did was amazing. So the robot is not exactly hammerstein but like an alternate universe version of him I guess

Yeah I'm a big fan of the original comic series too as well as the film prop. I do like the interpretation the artist made of the robot from the original series and what the fabricators did was amazing. So the robot is not exactly hammerstein but like an alternate universe version of him I guess
It's certainly a cool design inspired by his Origins story fighting The Volgs was it?
I loved the Martian chronicles and Nemesis the most.. Joe Pineapple was a fav too.
I once skulpted a life size bust of Nemesis long since gone. if only I could find my Nemesis Mego sized figure I made out of Dental resins

Gone right off Thread pist sorry..

Update time! Only 10 months have elapsed since my last build post which is like a blink of an eye in this glacial project:)

I have finally built the basic structure for the guts of the ABC. I had to make a few compromises in order to keep weight down but make it stable to hold the neck and head assembly. So I ended using flat ali-bar for imitation air rams that move the torso up and down. I'm not that happy with how the ends of the rams look but I'm hoping to disguise them somehow.

Now that the guts frame is done i can see that my chest piece is sitting slightly high (40mm or so) so I'll be lowering it at some stage.

Next up will be the struts that hold up the neck plate thing below the head. I'll probably make the neck base aswell. If anyone has some good measurements let me know!

abcguts1.jpg

abcguts3.jpg

wow those images are huge!

Update time! Only 10 months have elapsed since my last build post which is like a blink of an eye in this glacial project:)

I have finally built the basic structure for the guts of the ABC. I had to make a few compromises in order to keep weight down but make it stable to hold the neck and head assembly. So I ended using flat ali-bar for imitation air rams that move the torso up and down. I'm not that happy with how the ends of the rams look but I'm hoping to disguise them somehow.

Now that the guts frame is done i can see that my chest piece is sitting slightly high (40mm or so) so I'll be lowering it at some stage.

Next up will be the struts that hold up the neck plate thing below the head. I'll probably make the neck base aswell. If anyone has some good measurements let me know!

View attachment 1800152
View attachment 1800153

wow those images are huge!
Maybe some sort of corrigated hosing to cover the piston ends, it is hydraulics after all..
Looking great by the way.

Thanks Blax!
Thanks Mottrex yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I might fit some pipe around the base of each to make it look more like the film prop with hinged rod look thing :)

I'm collecting mainly corrugating hosing and some wire for dressing but I'm thinking of using foam aswell in order to keep the weight as far down as I can.

Okay well I'm on a bit of a roll (sort of) lets hope there's another update sooner rather than later :)

Wow! Happy to see this project is still alive! I’ve been MIA for quite some time; it’s time for me to put the bad stuff happening aside and get back into things that are fun and enjoyable.
Yeah, time flies!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back