Metropolis False Maria Sculpt: New Completed Torso 5/12/11

Re: Metropolis False Maria Sculpt: New front Torso/arm pics 3/10/10

Any new news? Are you going to have Maria on display at Wonderfest?
Would love to see! Hope things are going better for ya

Been busy dodging Tornados around here!!

Not gonna make Wonderfest. We had some large orders to fill so I had to take a hiatis from the Maria project. Im getting back on it this weekend so I should have a full torso display ready shortly.

I appreciate the interest everyone is showing. Should have some pics ready very soon!

Richie

Anything new on this? What about making it to Wonderfest 2011?

Beautiful sculpt of one the most iconic robots in film. And it's wearable! Double bonus points. Love it!
Threepio, I still love you, but your Grandma is hot.

Wow, this build is incredible! Metropolis is one of my favorite scifi movies, and this clearly does the film justice. Keep up the superlative work!

The most recent updates.

Continuing the thigh sculpts.

Pouring up helmet molds this week.

I need to adda lil material to the upper shins so that the slide up over the lower thigh sides a bit more then mold the shins.

Torso molds are done I just havent made a full pull of the back yet to fit to the front.

Doing these few things will FIAALY finish this project.

My daughter is the model that I used to scuplt the torso etc...well shes 6 months pregnant so I havent been able to fit the final peices to her.:lol

Richie

The most recent updates.

My daughter is the model that I used to scuplt the torso etc...well shes 6 months pregnant so I havent been able to fit the final peices to her.:lol

Richie

Congrats Grandpa :)

I probably missed this question but is this a one off thing or will you be offering duplicates for sale?

Thanks

Its a peronnal project. Theres a licensed version that should be available soon.

Grandpa..hmmm I guess Ill have to get used to that!!

Richie

So, any chance we might see this at Wonderfest THIS year?? Pretty please?

Its a peronnal project. Theres a licensed version that should be available soon.

Grandpa..hmmm I guess Ill have to get used to that!!

Richie

Licensed Version? really? How soon?

Nice Job BTW

BrianM

Licensed Version? really? How soon?

Nice Job BTW

BrianM

The talents on this board are amazing. We are the world licensees for the Metropolis Robot, and have two models to unveil this summer, an 18" statuette and a full scale costume armour replica (amongst ancillary products associated with the robot and Metropolis). The dedicated site is MetropolisRobot.com with a counterpart with a casual update system on facebook as 'Metropolis Robot'. The German film community has been keeping us busy with related award designs, and we are also working on a Berlin based reveal event later this year. Having said that, we are also to be touring with the costume in North America, so you should have the opportunity to see this in person locally in the entertainment circuit (i.e. conventions) soon. Thanks for your interest!

Hey thank's for the info.I checked out your website and there is some good reading on there.Look forward to the 18" statue and the 1:1,will these be at SDCC 11?

Wow, looking forward to it.
Hopefully you will be at SDCC this year.

And if I can cast my vote for licensed products, I'd love to see a Metropolis Money Pack, and Rotwang's Hand!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back