Metallic Paint Overcoat

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
I just finished painting some MDF with Rustoleum Metallic Gold and I keep getting annoying scuff marks in an otherwise perfect finish. Can anyone recommend a topcoat to protect it?

Try an automotive cleat topcoat. Works prety good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlindSquirrel @ Apr 23 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1231900[/snapback]</div>
I just finished painting some MDF with Rustoleum Metallic Gold and I keep getting annoying scuff marks in an otherwise perfect finish. Can anyone recommend a topcoat to protect it?
[/b]

yep, automotive is the way to go, wouldn't hurt to clear coat it either.. you could use automotive clear coat, or futura floor wax through an airbrush

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlindSquirrel @ Apr 24 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]1231900[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

This wouldn't happen to involve our favorite alien's trusty hammer would it? ;) Can't wait to see it finished. Please add it to your blog once you are done.

Rick

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kalarcana @ Apr 25 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]1232828[/snapback]</div>
This wouldn't happen to involve our favorite alien's trusty hammer would it? ;) Can't wait to see it finished. Please add it to your blog once you are done.

Rick
[/b]

You are correct, sir. It is in the final paint stage and th :lol en I'll add the strap. Pics will follow before the paint stink is gone.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back