Metallic Paint Overcoat

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just finished painting some MDF with Rustoleum Metallic Gold and I keep getting annoying scuff marks in an otherwise perfect finish. Can anyone recommend a topcoat to protect it?

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Try an automotive cleat topcoat. Works prety good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlindSquirrel @ Apr 23 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1231900[/snapback]</div>
I just finished painting some MDF with Rustoleum Metallic Gold and I keep getting annoying scuff marks in an otherwise perfect finish. Can anyone recommend a topcoat to protect it?
[/b]

ytt1300

yep, automotive is the way to go, wouldn't hurt to clear coat it either.. you could use automotive clear coat, or futura floor wax through an airbrush

kalarcana

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlindSquirrel @ Apr 24 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]1231900[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

This wouldn't happen to involve our favorite alien's trusty hammer would it? ;) Can't wait to see it finished. Please add it to your blog once you are done.

Rick

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kalarcana @ Apr 25 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]1232828[/snapback]</div>
This wouldn't happen to involve our favorite alien's trusty hammer would it? ;) Can't wait to see it finished. Please add it to your blog once you are done.

Rick
[/b]

You are correct, sir. It is in the final paint stage and th :lol en I'll add the strap. Pics will follow before the paint stink is gone.