Merchandise and props you can buy at Disney’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge attraction.

Mark this date on your calendars ladies and gentlemen. I was wrong! MJF, I think you nailed it. I believe I’ve been seeing what everyone else had, just because they saw it too.

That's just the way it goes in the prop replica research game. You have been around almost as long as I have so you have seen this before. The Luke Return of the Jedi V2 Lightsaber is full of examples. The mystery chunk went from being noting but light reflecting, to a cube head bolt, only to reveal once the prop was in hand that it was a boot stud. Same with the cone shaped knob, at one time, people thought it was flat top with knurling. And don't even get me stated on the raised edge vs smooth debate of the top of the emitter. In all cases, people stared at the same images and swore to go they saw something that ended up not being true. The only crime (so-to-speak) is not keeping an open mind when presented with new info.

That's just the way it goes in the prop replica research game. You have been around almost as long as I have so you have seen this before. The Luke Return of the Jedi V2 Lightsaber is full of examples. The mystery chunk went from being noting but light reflecting, to a cube head bolt, only to reveal once the prop was in hand that it was a boot stud. Same with the cone shaped knob, at one time, people thought it was flat top with knurling. And don't even get me stated on the raised edge vs smooth debate of the top of the emitter. In all cases, people stared at the same images and swore to go they saw something that ended up not being true. The only crime (so-to-speak) is not keeping an open mind when presented with new info.
Like the Hammond JP cane. For years I thought it was bamboo and not bones.

A bit of 0000 steel wool shines them up nicely. Unpolished on the left.
image.jpg

Love it! Of note, the tam panels inside are made from cut foamies like material (Eva foam) so it is a bit fragile and could rip or stain easily.

4D9B4342-E1FC-4DB4-83B8-0767263B267F.jpeg
6DEF7F48-9B0F-4E78-AEC6-7904C9FC9BB7.jpeg

Nice display Kylash and thanks for the heads up. Yes those are soft but I can see how they can be fragile.
BTW are your flan squishy and is there room to fit two beskars side by side?

It quite, but close. Mine are from a run here from Russia, slightly smaller than the one in your video I think, maybe not.

My flan are hard resin cast.

BC1954AF-8F66-48EF-84A8-47231B684E76.jpeg

Here is my past weekend acquisitions from Batuu East. Built my first droid. Introducing Arzero-Geegee (R0-GG) aka Rogue. I named him after my dog and good buddy who joined with the Force last year. This little guy was a Father’s Day gift from the kids along with the spira credit.

Picked up some coins. Passed on the flan and Mando coins for now. Probably grab them on future trips. I would have bought the Imperial credits if they had them. Passed on the new Wampa and Porg pommels. Maybe later. Not great on the hilts but look cool on display.

The other thing I was looking for was the compass but they did not have them in stock yet.

Picked up the souvenir milk cup (smaller cup) from the milk stand. The other Bantha cup is designed with a little inset on the back which is reminiscent of the original Tupperware prop design.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Follow up: Park was great, day was great. Merchandise was terrible. When I went just after they reopened from Covid , you could buy almost anything you wanted accept purple ,green and white crystals. (odd) The build your own saber and Indiana Jones were shut down as well as Star Wars launch bay. A few cast members came out but stayed behind roped off areas. (Covid)

Fast forward to today
Merchandise was around 25% available compared to then. Stores were walls of the same product to look full. No Yoda anything unless you wanted a bronze bust, no wardrobe selections and very little on adult robes, Rey costume was available and kid sabers. The cool props stuff-gone. Parts of the park still not open like Indiana Jones outpost, no launch bay which really sucks because that's the place to get close to all the props and also headquarters to get pictures with cast as well as the Stormtrooper march that scares the little kiddies. They said they're still closed because they're still unstaffed--no one wants to work. They cant get product in.

You still can get lightsabers and some other goodies but very stim pickings unfortunately .

Had a great time-no regrets. Didn't really go with the intention of buying a lot of stuff but I do enjoy looking at them. If you are planning on going and you are wanting to make purchases, I'm afraid you may be disappointed. I don't plan on going back until this crap is over and they are back to full strength.

Follow up: Park was great, day was great. Merchandise was terrible. When I went just after they reopened from Covid , you could buy almost anything you wanted accept purple ,green and white crystals. (odd) The build your own saber and Indiana Jones were shut down as well as Star Wars launch bay. A few cast members came out but stayed behind roped off areas. (Covid)

Fast forward to today
Merchandise was around 25% available compared to then. Stores were walls of the same product to look full. No Yoda anything unless you wanted a bronze bust, no wardrobe selections and very little on adult robes, Rey costume was available and kid sabers. The cool props stuff-gone. Parts of the park still not open like Indiana Jones outpost, no launch bay which really sucks because that's the place to get close to all the props and also headquarters to get pictures with cast as well as the Stormtrooper march that scares the little kiddies. They said they're still closed because they're still unstaffed--no one wants to work. They cant get product in.

You still can get lightsabers and some other goodies but very stim pickings unfortunately .

Had a great time-no regrets. Didn't really go with the intention of buying a lot of stuff but I do enjoy looking at them. If you are planning on going and you are wanting to make purchases, I'm afraid you may be disappointed. I don't plan on going back until this crap is over and they are back to full strength.
I think if you are looking for items that were available when GE first opened and during the first year or two, you may be disappointed as I get the feeling a lot has been retired since then.

The Indiana Jones shop should reopen sometime soon since they recently showed so new items such as prop related items that would be sold.

Launch Bay was announced it was going to be reopened but no movement or date set. It’s not exactly closed but not much to see. You can still get into the area and look at the models and props in the room. Nothing has chantin the last couple years. The imperial speeder bike is still hanging but the Rey bike seems to be gone. I wonder if that is the same one at Disneyland Batuu now. The lower area where you meet and greets is roped off and the displays that used to exist with helmets and hilt are gone. You can still visit the areas that have the cantina bar, holo chess, and control table for photo ops but if you seen it before, not really worth visiting however we find it a good place to get away from the crowds to cool down and rest/nap or get out of the rain.

Last edited:
I think if you are looking for items that were available when GE first opened and during the first year or two, you may be disappointed as I get the feeling a lot has been retired since then.
Some has but most comes in with very low quantities and sells the same day it hits the shelf. According to seasoned staff members, They are focusing on the big draw being sabers from their supply chain. They said most will be back but they have no idea when.

I should have checked this thread last night!!!!
I was there at batuu west today. TOTALLY forgot about the camtono!!
Saw the calamari flan and didn't recognize them. Packed flat, I just saw "four blue dots" and moved on. Again, totally forgot they are selling credits lol it sounds funny to say that.
I DID however manage to snag a blue kyber crystal necklace, as I bumped into sir James gamerfuzion while inside doc ondars, he pointed out they were nearly gone.
Also grabbed a couple of those neat angled saber stands. Always wanted to try them out. Kinda cool.

I DID however manage to snag a blue kyber crystal necklace,
I was disappointed in these. They felt very generic. I think they missed a great opportunity to do one that looked like the pendant in Luke’s hut.

hJrv6.png

For those interested, I took a Thingiverse file of a similar chamber design and modified it to hold the Kyber Crystals sold at Galaxy’s Edge for the Savi hilts and holocrons that can also hold a light source. I posted the file here:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back