Men in Black: International (MIB) (Post-release)

What did you think of Men in Black: International?

• Total voters
3rd one was far greater then the second one.... im a huge MIB fan. im curious to see where this goes, heck they can always place it at the same time as will smith but base on 2 other agents

I've always felt that they had many missed opportunities in the original three movies. If it were me writing these next movies I would do it Forrest Gump style, where interactions with aliens happened in conjunction with historical events but covered up due to the alien nature.

The 3rd one was surprisingly good. If they were smart they would have already sequel'd it.

But the studio probably looked at the weak BO draw and blamed #3. They should have realized that #3 was taking the financial punishment #2 left in its wake, and a decent 4th movie would have done much better.

Typical studio idiocy. Absolutely no thinking outside of this fiscal quarter, either before or after.

Last edited:
This is one of the few instances in rebooting of a franchise where I think the decision makes sense. Will Smith can't be in these movies without being...Will Smith: Hero and Center of Attention. He's not the guy who sits at the desk and gives out missions. Tommy Lee Jones could maybe do that, but I think he's probably about done with all of that. Josh Brolin, maybe.

Anyway, the concept is sound. It's perfect for doing different stories about multiple teams.

Just....y'know...learn from >ahem< other franchises and their decisions and make it part of the established continuity instead of a hard reboot.

Yes but my point is Hollywood is more interested in being trendy by itself with no backing of substance. It's the cotton candy effect. Oh it's all big and impressive at first, but can be squooshed back down to the teaspoon it came from.

That's really the problem, Hollywood is more concerned with promoting artificial controversy to get butts in seats than in just making good movies, for the sake of making good movies.

This is actually one case where having two women would make sense. Didn't they make Linda Fiorentino's character an agent at the end of MIB? Then they didn't follow through in the next movie. The only problem there is that in "real" MIB sightings it's always men.

This one would make more sense as a tv series in my opinion.

i could actually see a tv series though, you could do a xfiles kinda thing with different teams so u could involve multiple characters. i can even see a series like COPS, where they would have a camera man follow them around on investigations lol

Rumor is that they want to do a 22 jump street cross over and may now make it more of a comedy / cop adventure genre film series.
Which to me totally destroys the mythical feel of the Men in Black.

Rumor is that they want to do a 22 jump street cross over and may now make it more of a comedy / cop adventure genre film series.
Which to me totally destroys the mythical feel of the Men in Black.

i have to agree with you on that...

make it more of a comedy / cop adventure

That's what it is already, no, a buddy-cop-action comedy?

The MIB premise is so simple that it could be taken in numerous directions. Will Smith has a charming, funny screen persona, but the series easily can continue without him.

That's what it is already, no, a buddy-cop-action comedy?

The MIB premise is so simple that it could be taken in numerous directions. Will Smith has a charming, funny screen persona, but the series easily can continue without him.

what i mean is like watching a episode of COPS. having a camera guy sitting in the back of a crown vic and having MIB agents go on random calls and investigations. in high school i always tried talking my tv production class into doing a MIB skit like that. nothing ever came of it.. :(

http://deadline.com/2018/02/men-in-black-f-gary-gray-directing-sony-pictures-amblin-1202276051

Sony and Amblin have been trying to figure out the best way to relaunch the series, after the original pairing of Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith ran its course in the 2012 third installment. The attempts included a spinoff film that would meld Sony’s 21 Jump Street cast members Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill into an extraterrestrial spinoff. This film isn’t that one. Rather, it is a spinoff grounded in the original premise, of a covert force policing the alien population hiding in plain sight, the premise of the comic book series by Lowell Cunningham and Sandy Carruthers.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back