Mega awesome custom Deadpool costume!!!

aeonpulse

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello RPF members! After months of work, my Deadpool costume is finally complete. Now, I know we've all seen plenty of Deadpool costumes, but I really wanted something a bit different, and better looking than the cheapo zentai suits you see everyone in. After seeing their previous work, I contacted RPF Members Knowone251 and TrooperDudeFace of Knowone's Designs and commissioned them to sew me a suit. In this thread, I'll do my best to share details of what went in to creating this costume!

DSC_0102.jpg

So, first of all, let me say that working with Knowone's Designs was absolutely wonderful. They were responsible for making the mask, the body suit, the gloves, and the belt buckle. (TrooperDudeFace did the sewing, Knowone251 created the mask's eyes and the belt buckle.) Extremely professional, quick to respond (when they can), and open to any suggestions, ideas, or concerns you might have. I had tons of questions, and they were always patient and willing to answer. They worked within my requested time frame, and in the end they delivered an amazing product for a very fair price. We had a few issues with the original gloves I received, and upon informing them, they were quick to offer to fix the problems, and improve the gloves. They even offered to pay for shipping! We communicated solely through emails (and sometimes pictures), so I'm sure you can imagine how many messages were involved.

emails.jpg

Quite a bit! If anyone ever needs a costume made that they cannot create themselves, I'd suggest contacting Knowone's Designs. They honestly do wonderful work. You can find them at KnowOne's Designs

Anywho, on to the rest of the costume!

2012-09-13203141.jpg

The mask. I was very picky about the shape of the eyeplates and the holes, I couldn't have been happier with how they turned out. I'm not entirely sure how the eyes were made, some sort of plastic material that was layered, and heat-formed. They're durable, and I can actually see pretty well.

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

The gloves. Completely hand sewn from spandex. (The red ones, at least.) We had some issues with the index fingers and thumbs, so we chose to change them to a more "tactical" style. They look and fit great! The black fingerless gloves I'm wearing over them I found on eBay for 10 bucks. They're made of sheepskin, I think.

It's also worth mentioning that I'm using AZspidey's universal face shell, and it's awesome. It seriously makes a huge improvement with how spandex masks look. I'd definitely recommend his face shells if you ever need one.

DSC_0077.jpg

The belt, guns/gun holsters, and belt buckle. As I mentioned above, Knowone251 created the buckle. It's attached to the belt via velcro. The belt I found took quite a bit of searching, apparently the company that made these no longer manufacture them. It has ten pouches, and is surprisingly soft. Finding a left-handed and right-handed pistol holster was a gigantic pain in the ass. I didn't really feel like spending a bunch of money on the universal holsters, but I ended up finding these for around 14 bucks a piece. The pistols are just some cheap airsoft guns I found on Amazon for 6 bucks a piece.

bewts.jpg

The boots! I was quite picky about the boots. After going through dozens of different pairs, I finally decided on a vintage pair of Corcorans. I got pretty lucky with these, I ended up snagging these off eBay for a sweet 30 bucks! I don't really think the seller realized what he had, I understand some people consider these collector's items, and will pay a lot for them. They're pretty beat up, but they've still got a lot of life in them. I'm sure a proper polishing would help them look newer, but I think the beat up look suits the costume. ;)

holsterfront.jpg

holsterback.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

The katanas/holster. I've received a few messages asking how I went about making this, it was actually quite easy. All that was involved was a pair of backpack straps, some buckles, some nylon webbing, and a bit of sewing by my girlfriend. The straps I spent 20 bucks on. I probably could have got some way cheaper, but I really wanted the strap across the front. In the pictures above, the red represents a second strap I had my girlfriend sew across, the silver a second buckle. The orange was where I had two shorter nylon straps sewn on, serving as a connecting point for the katanas. I wrapped smaller nylon webbing around the katanas and through these points. Then, where the katanas crossed, I wrapped around more nylon webbing. I hot glued foam to the harness where it contacted my shoulder blades, to prevent the spandex from being roughed up and/or ruined. It isn't perfect, but I'm happy with how it turned out, I think it looks pretty good! I managed to find the katanas online for a good price, the katanas are wooden, and the sheathes are plastic. The katanas originally didn't have any grip tape around the handles, so I bought some cheap rolls of tennis tape.

A few detail pics, showing off the quality of the sewing. Also, note the little Deadpool buttons!

2012-09-03081506.jpg

2012-09-02194921.jpg

2012-08-31161749.jpg

And the rest of the photos. The bodysuit was sewn to fit my measurements exactly. I'm not entirely sure what the black material is, but it's awesome. It's not too shiny, not too flat, and it's super stretchy. I really love the way it all ended up looking.

DPMEEEEE1.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the time to read through my thread! As I said earlier, we've all seen Deadpool done before, some of you have mentioned how underwhelming a lot of them can be at times. I hope you all find yourselves a bit more impressed with my take on the costume!

Thanks again everyone, and a special thanks to RPF members TrooperDudeFace and Knowone251! You two are awesome! :)

UPDATE Jan. 10th, 2013: Figured I'd throw on a couple of pics I found on Facebook, taken at a convention I recently attended. I'll add more as I find them!

DPMF1.jpg

magfestDP2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Aeonpulse's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry, Deadpool!

this is rad!! i wanted to do deadpool this year to but i had to many friends begging for venom. nice work man!

Great job dude, thanks for the update! I'll be copying you a bit with my build ;)

Your words are too kind sir! And let it be known that Aeonpulse has been the friendliest, most agreeable customer that we have ever had the pleasure of working with. To answer one of the unknowns in the build, the black material is a 4 way stretch, matte metallic spandex. It was a tricky material to hunt down. Most metallic black spandex has more of a wet look, and regular black spandex does not have enough "dimension" to it. The katana holsters came out great! Thanks again for the wonderful write-up!

This is absolutely wonderful! Perfect right down to the buttons. Fantastic work, all around.

I need to get me one of those face shells. Seems super duper handy for all sorts of looks.

Re: Deadpool!! Aeonpulse's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Super sexy Deadpool. I think Deadpool woud be proud of you costume and attitude.

Re: Deadpool!! Aeonpulse's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Honestly I really can't say. Their prices are determined on a case by case basis, depending on several different things (complexity of the costume, materials required, time constraints, etc). If you want an accurate price quote, it would be best to contact RPF members TrooperDudeFace or KnowOne251, or contact Knowone's Designs directly at http://www.knowonesdesigns.com/

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back