Limited Run MCU Spider-Man Homemade Webshooters

Thain

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey there webheads, the time has come! Our homemade suit webshooters from Spider-Man: Homecoming are finally ready for orders! This project has been in development since 2017, so it’s been quite the journey - thanks to all those that stuck it out, I wanted to do this project right and I'm confident our commitment to detail was worth the wait.

- Prototypes pictured -
IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_1211.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

This run will be limited to 10 kits. TJack is working on casting the resin parts and I still have to order the hardware for this run. However, we need to fill the list completely before I order the hardware, since the order will be extremely expensive. As long as the list is filled within the next few weeks, I estimate that the kits will be ready to ship by the end of March.

DETAILS
  • Each kit includes the parts and hardware for both wrists
  • Webshooter parts are raw casts made from Smooth-On Onyx resin, so it will be up to you to clean them up, paint them, and assemble
  • Highly accurate parts that match the screen-used props as close as we could get them
  • Fully-functioning mechanisms (moving trigger, wrist hinge, removable web cartridges)
  • Includes all hardware needed for assembly
PRICE
Cost is $225 plus shipping TBD. If you would like a cold cast kit, the price will be $245 plus shipping TBD.
Claiming a spot on the list will require a $60 deposit. To reiterate, the final hardware order is going to be extremely expensive, so I want to make sure 10 of you are committed before I put in the order. PM me if you'd like one!

Check out my interest thread for more photos and details

CLAIMED
  1. THEWHATWHATNOW - cold cast kit (Delivered)
  2. jorged123 (Delivered)
  3. Keelan562 (Delivered)
  4. mbmcfarland - cold cast kit (Delivered)
  5. thejakemoore - cold cast kit (Delivered)
  6. CLAIMED (Delivered)
  7. silverskyes402 (Delivered)
  8. CLAIMED (Delivered)
  9. CLAIMED (Delivered)
  10. CLAIMED (Delivered)

Last edited:
Back with an update for everyone - hope y'all are healthy. I'm waiting on all the resin parts and the remaining hardware to arrive. That should all be here by sometime next week, so expect a DM from me soon to collect final payments and shipping information!

Stay safe!

IMG_2067.jpgIMG_2068.jpgIMG_2069.jpgIMG_2070.jpgIMG_2071.jpgIMG_2072.jpgIMG_2073.jpgIMG_2074.jpgIMG_2075.jpg
I got my kit a day early (yesterday), and snapped a few shots for everyone. I purchased the cold cast kit and plan to buff all these pieces out with steel wool.

Overall the kit is very nice. Modeling is super accurate, casting is mostly fantastic. A couple pieces of some weird bits, but that's to be expected from a kit. Some of these pieces are supposed to be like a bronze or copper, so I had expected them to be cast with a bronze or copper casting powder instead of the aluminum. You also have to source your own sweat bands and nylon for this to attach to.

Also I expected a bit more from the instructions. What you get is just an exploded view of the product with labels for what goes where. It would be nice to get a bit more step by step.

But like I said, overall I think this is an excellent kit. The modeling and casting is great, and all of the hardware looks super accurate, which I'm sure was a really tough job in itself.

I'm looking forward to the build after my steel wool arrives, and I'll post more photos once built!

View attachment 1292263View attachment 1292264View attachment 1292265View attachment 1292266View attachment 1292267View attachment 1292268View attachment 1292269View attachment 1292270View attachment 1292271
I got my kit a day early (yesterday), and snapped a few shots for everyone. I purchased the cold cast kit and plan to buff all these pieces out with steel wool.

Overall the kit is very nice. Modeling is super accurate, casting is mostly fantastic. A couple pieces of some weird bits, but that's to be expected from a kit. Some of these pieces are supposed to be like a bronze or copper, so I had expected them to be cast with a bronze or copper casting powder instead of the aluminum. You also have to source your own sweat bands and nylon for this to attach to.

Also I expected a bit more from the instructions. What you get is just an exploded view of the product with labels for what goes where. It would be nice to get a bit more step by step.

But like I said, overall I think this is an excellent kit. The modeling and casting is great, and all of the hardware looks super accurate, which I'm sure was a really tough job in itself.

I'm looking forward to the build after my steel wool arrives, and I'll post more photos once built!

Glad everything arrived safely, and I appreciate this thorough review! Can't wait to see photos of it built!

silverskyes402 I've sent a couple messages your way about your kit being ready to order, but haven't heard from you. Unfortunately, if I don't receive your final payment by the end of the month, I'll be forced to sell it to someone else. If you're no longer interested, no worries, just let me know. Thanks!

I've got one extra standard kit if anyone is interested!

$225 + shipping and I can ship them out right away.

Working on mine right now, if your on the fence on getting a set pull the trigger, these are super accurate and super fun to build.

Sanded and primed all the pieces and did a test fit on everything. Still waiting for the bands to come in but once they do I’ll finish off the paint and add the side wire detailing. I left the base primer coat a little "nicked" up sow hen I lay the final color on it they have a little wear as the originals do. One thing missing from the kit is the "larger" brass hexagon style screw that goes right in the middle of the front section, nothing that can't be sourced at a local hardware shop.
FA798EF4-75C0-4D6C-89C2-EC1BF97F0D19.jpeg

9C631D77-4B7F-4D5E-91A5-867C517307B9.jpeg
BFBA9B10-7CE7-4163-AEB7-F3EB0C9C97F5.jpeg
DB2279C3-F2E3-487B-BFD5-A3E771BA4C1C.jpeg
94AD276E-0CD8-432E-A325-F5ADD53D7700.jpeg

Still working on these when I have time. Did a base coat of silver rub n’ buff, then sealed it with a matte. Did a black wash and sourced the red bands.
Still a lot of work to be done, finish up the cartridges, weather the red bands and add the black nylon webbing. Will do a little more weathering to finish it off at the end.
4419B0C3-6F5E-4B9C-B56A-F668498785D0.jpeg
92624B49-61CC-4D1E-B0A0-5F00E7098063.jpeg
769A11C5-01A2-4101-BA46-52435A34C0F0.jpeg

Still working on these when I have time. Did a base coat of silver rub n’ buff, then sealed it with a matte. Did a black wash and sourced the red bands.
Still a lot of work to be done, finish up the cartridges, weather the red bands and add the black nylon webbing. Will do a little more weathering to finish it off at the end.
Yours are looking great so far silverskyes402! If I might make one small suggestion in the name of accuracy: The screws I've circled below are flipped the wrong way around. On the trigger, the head of the screw should be underneath the trigger, and on the wrist brace, the screw head should be on the inside.
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 12.11.42 PM.png

Could I also ask how you managed to insert the recessed barbed tube holder? I can't seem to get pliers or anything to fit down in that hole.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back