McQuarrie Concept TK Helmet

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
About a year and a half ago, a friend came to me looking for a series of Mcquarrie concept TK helms, the goal being to work up printable models of two or three from this sketch:
concept mcquarries.jpg

I think at the time we had assumed that EFX would never release their McQuarrie concept TK, so we decided to start with that style (second in from the left above). Here's the McQ V1 (as we nicknamed it), digital legwork by me, with producing and excellent finishing by Arturo Delgado. (y) Thanks for looking!

mcq v1.jpg
mcq v2.jpg
mcq v3.jpg
mcq v4.jpg

Attachments

• 0608 mcquarrie 1 revised.png
    0608 mcquarrie 1 revised.png
    607.3 KB · Views: 157
This is one of the better iterations I’ve seen. It retains something of the real stormtrooper helmet, but it’s entirely the McQuarrie design. And the weathering looks phenomenal.

So amazing! I have a McQuarrie kit coming soon and I'm trying to decide if I should weather it or go for a pristine look. Your pics really make me lean towards weathering!

Thanks for the kind words! Always tough to get a good interpretation when we're working off of what is practically a cocktail napkin sketch. Crazy to think that people like Ralph and Syd could sometimes knock out these iconic styles and ideas in sketches that took only a few minutes. :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back