maybe an original Johnnie Walker Blade Runner bottle from 1982?

Just found this on the bay, Looks like it says Jack Daniels on the bottle, Cant quite make it out,
Shape is definitely wrong but looks interesting
1647183731449.png

Greetings to all
I'm new here as I stumbled on this while searching for the bottle and My guess is, good luck getting one through this blog, am I right?
Thanks again.

Greetings to all
I'm new here as I stumbled on this while searching for the bottle and My guess is, good luck getting one through this blog, am I right?
Thanks again.
Hi there nomad, admittedly their availability is rare now hence we tend to spot anything we see in online auctions. There was a run of bottles years ago from molds that are no longer usable (from what I've heard) so anyone wanting to make new bottles will need to make new molds for them too.

Hi there nomad, admittedly their availability is rare now hence we tend to spot anything we see in online auctions. There was a run of bottles years ago from molds that are no longer usable (from what I've heard) so anyone wanting to make new bottles will need to make new molds for them too.
Such a shame, few days ago there was one on eBay through England and no one bid on it and I overslept and some lucky guy got it, it also had 4 Cibi glasses and certificate. Also these was a plastic one from Japan but the label had couple of scratches, I reached out to the seller to see if he can work on a price, now the auction has ended without been sold?!
I just hope somebody one day makes a new mold and starts another run for these.

Such a shame, few days ago there was one on eBay through England and no one bid on it and I overslept and some lucky guy got it, it also had 4 Cibi glasses and certificate. Also these was a plastic one from Japan but the label had couple of scratches, I reached out to the seller to see if he can work on a price, now the auction has ended without been sold?!
I just hope somebody one day makes a new mold and starts another run for these.
Well, AFAIK; molds should be U.S.A- made not China-made;) Just to make sure we avoid the problems Mutant-Enemy had in 2008 (as related in the first post). It would be more expensive, of course, but if any challenge arise; your manufacturing company is in your country...if they accept:unsure:!!
And that's the main thing; usually, they will produce in greater quantity, not small runs (too expensive).

there was one on eBay through England and no one bid on it and I overslept and some lucky guy got it,

The bottle in question is one of Joe & Paul's 2008 run. It was being let go by a long-time member here who is down-sizing due to ill health.
I reached out to him when no-one bid on his listing and he let me have the set. They arrived half an hour ago;

2022-03-29 15.07.44.jpg

Last edited:
Well..what do you know, it didn't take more than I thought I was gonna find one, but yesterday I managed to get one, the guy says the cap is very hard to be pulled, anyone has an advice, as I'd love to fill my bottle with black label? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-170408_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-170408_eBay.jpg
    948.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20220805-170422_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-170422_eBay.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 66
Is the bottle cap with a plastic insert or a "cork like" was fitted in the cap? Maybe turning and wiggling it would be a +;)

nomad74 I missed it by a couple hours I believe. I got the eBay notification but was too late. I don’t know what the original run price was but I’m dying to get my hands on a bottle. I wish someone would do a run. It’s definitely top of my list for holy grail props.

Please anyone that knows about glass work, answer my prayers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back